Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Part of the reason I took note of the ad....The fact Vic wants to move away from it with new builds
I have seen those ads here in Victoria a few months ago , haven't seen them recently. They will have to spend shite load on the electricity infrastructure first. We have warnings about overloading the grid at peak times in summer with all the aircons and such plus ev charging.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
With respect, you are the one who is behaving deluded. Do you really think that the ‘net zero’ and global warming will simply go away? Do you think it’s just a matter of wishing, or voting it, away? Only the fossil fuel industry and their News Corp (and Sky News) lackeys are the ones pandering that wishful thinking.
That's alright, in 20 years time you enjoy your green electricity to run your heat pump in winter and driving your EV. Me and my family will be burning wood in our wood heater and using my wood fired pizza oven, and I will be driving my petrol powered car, bike and boat and cooking on our gas stove And the beauty of all that will be that when the power goes out we won't be sitting at home in minus 3s freezing our arses off, my car won't need 10hrs on the charger so I can go out in the morning, and I can cook whatever I want because we won't be reliant on electricity.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Oh and Chrisp, what plans does your greenie friends and the worst state gov of any Australian state have to stop the permafrost melting overseas and dumping millions of tons of methane and CO2 into the atmosphere?

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
That's alright, in 20 years time you enjoy your green electricity to run your heat pump in winter and driving your EV. Me and my family will be burning wood in our wood heater and using my wood fired pizza oven, and I will be driving my petrol powered car, bike and boat and cooking on our gas stove And the beauty of all that will be that when the power goes out we won't be sitting at home in minus 3s freezing our arses off, my car won't need 10hrs on the charger so I can go out in the morning, and I can cook whatever I want because we won't be reliant on electricity.

Don’t stress, things won’t change overnight, but we’ll see a steady trend away from fossil fuels. The net zero date is about 2050 - about 26 years away. It won’t be a case of ‘business as usual’ up to 2049 and then suddenly switch over. Rather, it’ll be a progressive change over the coming decades.

We are already seeing people switching to EVs and saving considerably on their energy costs. And they can recharge at home without any worry about the uncertainty of petroleum supplies and prices.

Personally, we have been moving from gas for the past few years. We have been completely off gas for a year or so now. We have heat pump hot water, we use reverse cycle air conditioners for heating and cooling, we have an induction cooktop. Even my workshop is air conditioned :) . And our energy bill is something we just don’t worry about at all. Our water bill is higher than our household energy bill.

Many others are also doing the same. Some do it for environmental reasons, many do it for the cost savings, and others do it for both. If anything, the potential savings will increase over time - the cost of gas will go up, and people can make their own electricity at home. Electrification is definitely cheaper.

The same trend will happen in transport. People will progressively switch to EVs as the price of EVs come down. The increasing cost of petrol will also drive that change. Imagine if we have a war and our fuel supplies are disrupted. We’ll soon find out if we really do have 27 days worth of fuel in the country. EV users will be recharging at home while we queue for rationed petrol.

At some point, new ICE vehicles will cease to be available in the new car market (ACT, EU, UK, and others banning new ICE sales from 2035?). Petrol will probably become increasingly expensive and EVs will become cheaper (you can buy a new EV for $36,000 otr). Depending upon how we are going with our progress to net zero, it wouldn’t be difficult to see the government increasing excise on fossil fuels to hasten the change. I can’t see them doing anything to reduce the cost of fossil fuels.

But these changes won’t be compulsory in the sense that your ICE car won’t be banned or confiscated. I’d be confident that you’ll be able to keep it and drive it all you want (at least up to 2050). But you’ll probably find it getting progressively more expensive to do so. Others will simply make the change from gas to electricity, and from ICE vehicles to EVs as the they’ll be chasing cost savings.

If you are feeling pain refuelling the ute now, I very much doubt that it‘ll get easier in the future, let alone over the next 20 years.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Good luck with that.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I see all the benefits, I just find it laughable we're pushing it out as quick as possible like it will make any difference what so ever in the grand scheme of it all. Considering how low total emissions are from Australia, and it's just offset by other countries building more coal plants that we can sell to.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I see all the benefits, I just find it laughable we're pushing it out as quick as possible like it will make any difference what so ever in the grand scheme of it all. Considering how low total emissions are from Australia, and it's just offset by other countries building more coal plants that we can sell to.

Per capita we’re a pretty high emitter.

And when the CO2 accounting standards/measurements are revised and mandate ’scope 3‘ emissions reporting, all the CO2 from our coal exports will be put on our ledger, so our per capita emissions will be even higher again.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Per capita we’re a pretty high emitter.

And when the CO2 accounting standards/measurements are revised and mandate ’scope 3‘ emissions reporting, all the CO2 from our coal exports will be put on our ledger, so our per capita emissions will be even higher again.
And those same standards will be mandated for all countries right?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Don’t stress, things won’t change overnight, but we’ll see a steady trend away from fossil fuels. The net zero date is about 2050 - about 26 years away. It won’t be a case of ‘business as usual’ up to 2049 and then suddenly switch over. Rather, it’ll be a progressive change over the coming decades.

We are already seeing people switching to EVs and saving considerably on their energy costs. And they can recharge at home without any worry about the uncertainty of petroleum supplies and prices.

Personally, we have been moving from gas for the past few years. We have been completely off gas for a year or so now. We have heat pump hot water, we use reverse cycle air conditioners for heating and cooling, we have an induction cooktop. Even my workshop is air conditioned :) . And our energy bill is something we just don’t worry about at all. Our water bill is higher than our household energy bill.

Many others are also doing the same. Some do it for environmental reasons, many do it for the cost savings, and others do it for both. If anything, the potential savings will increase over time - the cost of gas will go up, and people can make their own electricity at home. Electrification is definitely cheaper.

The same trend will happen in transport. People will progressively switch to EVs as the price of EVs come down. The increasing cost of petrol will also drive that change. Imagine if we have a war and our fuel supplies are disrupted. We’ll soon find out if we really do have 27 days worth of fuel in the country. EV users will be recharging at home while we queue for rationed petrol.

At some point, new ICE vehicles will cease to be available in the new car market (ACT, EU, UK, and others banning new ICE sales from 2035?). Petrol will probably become increasingly expensive and EVs will become cheaper (you can buy a new EV for $36,000 otr). Depending upon how we are going with our progress to net zero, it wouldn’t be difficult to see the government increasing excise on fossil fuels to hasten the change. I can’t see them doing anything to reduce the cost of fossil fuels.

But these changes won’t be compulsory in the sense that your ICE car won’t be banned or confiscated. I’d be confident that you’ll be able to keep it and drive it all you want (at least up to 2050). But you’ll probably find it getting progressively more expensive to do so. Others will simply make the change from gas to electricity, and from ICE vehicles to EVs as the they’ll be chasing cost savings.

If you are feeling pain refuelling the ute now, I very much doubt that it‘ll get easier in the future, let alone over the next 20 years.

By then I think I'll be an alcoholic, I'll be doing my own home brew and the Senator will be running on it :D

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

Coal emissions will also appear on the end user's ledger.

Lots of similar double dipping under the new ESG requirements for scopes 1, 2 & 3.

For that accounting to be credible, double dipping needs to be removed.