Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Appears the planes have been repossessed

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrjZDB0TTBmRCcFMTE36At.;_ylu=Y29sbwNncTEEcG9zAzIEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3Nj/RV=2/RE=1714470389/RO=10/RU=https://www.afr.com/companies/transport/bonza-flights-cancelled-as-aircraft-repossessed-20240430-p5fnjf/RK=2/RS=ckWkoLXuDMrSkm2Or2Oix1UMwV0-

We paid $1000+ to Proserpine 2 years ago with Bonza so it appears they may have been going under for a while and just taking peoples money to prop themselves up.

EDIT...oops my bad.
Turns out the flights we paid $1000 + for were with Jet Star and Qantas.
We only had one trip with Bonza and that was last year to Townsville.
I would love to drive but with the Bruce H way how it is and the farkwits on the road it is safer to fly, even if we had to sit on the wing.

Last edited:

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Problem now is, the other carriers will pump their prices.
Townsville has State of Origin at the end of June Ho farking Ho, they will make a killing on those flights.
Which is what they wanted to do before Bonza because big business hates competition, and it's also the reason Bonza had so much trouble getting started in the first place.
And let's face it, if you are going to be a budget carrier you have to have fares to match.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Funny thing is flights are so much cheaper now than when I was a youngster. I remember it was well over $1000 from Adelaide to Qld when I was in my teens. Chances are we will see higher prices than that though once crude gets mined a lot less.

I won't fly Jetstar because they are constantly cancelling flights, plus the lay over times are terrible compared to Virgin. Jetstar can take over 10 hrs to fly to Adelaide or you pay more than Virgin charge to have a closer second flight. I prefer Qantas but they are too exi compared to Virgin.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Anyone remember 'Impulse"" a NSW based budget airline that swallowed a few smaller regional airlines.
Had its facilities at Williamtown airport, and was partly responsible for the upgrading of the airport terminal from a run-down shed to something more respectable.
Then it was taken over by QANTAS, and the routes became QantasLink and Jetstar, but the aircraft servicing hanger was kept at Williamtown, and then faded away to nothing during COVID.
You can't compete with QANTAS, Jetstar and Virgin.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I wouldn't be surprised if we one day no longer see Jetstar flying. I don't think there is enough in it to keep budget airlines in the sky. I thought I read Jetstar was making a loss at one point, even while the CEO received his bonuses?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Jetstar is doing well on this side of the ditch. Air NZ is pricing themselves out of the market :mad:

I always flew with Air NZ previously as I much prefer the 737 to the A320 even when Air NZ was a touch more expensive but now they have become ridiculous and they fly the same cattle class seating arrangement that Jetstar uses so there really isn't any benefit to using Air NZ any more. We always end up paying more so I can get a seat with more legroom.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
We were advised by Energex that our meter was to be read last Wednesday. It was a bit of a pain because we both had to go out in the morning and our dog has to be restrained. However we were both back early so it wasn't an issue. The neighbours told us the meter reader hadn't been and for that matter didn't come at all. Yesterday the meter reader came without Energex advicing us. Luckily my wife saw them next door and we were able to secure her inside. She certainlty let him know he wasn'r welcome.

We got another message from Energex after the meter reader had been advising us he would be here today. I tried ringing them today to give them an earfull but after half an hour on hold gave up. However the issue is not over and I will ring them tomorrow.

Last edited: