Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing Front Door Trim on VN - VS

H

HSV/VS Wagon

those O rings around the window winders are a bitch to get back on, i cant get them back on, on a VR or VT "havent tried other models" another thing you can use that i know works perfectly in a VT for window winders is the tool that you use to take the disc of your grinder "average size grinder" i think its a 4;5 inch grinder? they work like the proper tool, but didnt work so well with the VR

the other day i was taking my rear door trims off my VR to put 6 inch speakers in the doors, i have only done one side, cause it took me about 4 hours from start to finish, it is simple but just very annoying.

hope the info on the VT helped. and could any1 tell me how to get them O rings back on? when i did my VR i cut it off cause it pissed me off so much! lol

jimmy_jd_25

Jimmy - VS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equipe
for removing window winders, use a crochet hook, commonly used for sewing and cheaply available at sewing/linen stores in most big shopping centers.

Last edited:

Silver_VS_II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore series II
lol i used a ruler, a hard plastic one on its long side just pushed upwards and it popped it off easy plus because the ruler has a slant on it, makes it easy toget inside the tiny gap.

robbbbo666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Accliam Series II V6
yer becareful when u pull the trim off u dont snap the whole thing cause as i was levering it off the whole trim was slightly snapping

AussieHuddo

Aussie Huddo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 A4
Help!!!

hey i know this thread is a bit old but i need some help. im trying to remove the front door trim on a vr to replace the speakers but i cant get the air vents off. the vinyl is scratching a bit and i dont wanna break them. ive tried prying them off with a flathead but only one side comes off (the side closest to the car) the outer side wont budge.

any help would be much appreciated :)

AussieHuddo

Aussie Huddo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 A4
the flat head should do the trick bud...use it on the outer side of the vent and push on the back of it with your hand...should work...

yeah thanks mate. got it in the end just took a bit of force and two people lol. the door lock and the window winder were simple but the air vents gave me a hard time.

O wel its done now :yeah:

love the site thanks guys

kramer

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs S3 ute
great little write up thanks, helped me last week when i installed power windows into my vs ute using the power window install guide!

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
Supercheap or Repco usually keep the window winder remover tools.
But I find a rag is just as easy. I just slide the straight edge of a rag behind the window winder, slide the rag side to side a few times and the clip usually pops up.

No risk of damaging door trims with this method either

arrow224

Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Ok, i took these photos the other day

Anyone got pictures, since these ones aren't showing? I get a 'photobucket account has been inactive for 90 days' error message.