Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Commodore Alloytec Engine mount change

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
Update: got the engine mounts and transmission mount changed over. Engine mounts were Mackay branded and the transmission mount genuine Holden(Made in China)

Car is now smooth as and no clunk.

The local mechanic did them for $150 and he said not many mechanics can do that job.

I was quoted $500: Ultra Tune
$360 Blair's Tyres
$250: mobile Mechanic
$400: another local bloke

In the end I don't know how long the mounts were cactus but I'm glad they were done as they were split

Paw Power

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VZ SVZ Ute LY7
Just changed the RH engine mount on the SVZ the other day. I'm pretty happy with the Mackay branded hydraulic so far.
You basically just have to move the alt out of the way a little. That's enough to get in with the ratchet one click at a time, it was all good.

So once on jack stands I did: battery out, lower nuts (RH off, LH loose), afm moved aside, serp belt released from alt, alt undone (3x16mm bolts, 3x7mm studs - a 7mm spanner is required for one where your small 7mm ratchet becomes impeded). That's it, you're in!
A piece of 90x90@300 was perfect for jacking up under the sump - ensure it is on full flat surface though not under the small protruding section down there. Once it was jacked up enough, pull mount up and kick the bottom directly backwards.

Attachments

• ezgif-4-570259187e.gif
    ezgif-4-570259187e.gif
    676.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 437554594_9807032_n.jpg
    437554594_9807032_n.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 20

troy sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 sv6, 04 berlina, 07 crewman
Just changed the RH engine mount on the SVZ the other day. I'm pretty happy with the Mackay branded hydraulic so far.
You basically just have to move the alt out of the way a little. That's enough to get in with the ratchet one click at a time, it was all good.

So once on jack stands I did: battery out, lower nuts (RH off, LH loose), afm moved aside, serp belt released from alt, alt undone (3x16mm bolts, 3x7mm studs - a 7mm spanner is required for one where your small 7mm ratchet becomes impeded). That's it, you're in!
A piece of 90x90@300 was perfect for jacking up under the sump - ensure it is on full flat surface though not under the small protruding section down there. Once it was jacked up enough, pull mount up and kick the bottom directly backwards.
yup. i used a ratchet spanner to get the drivers side one off.
once you manage to crack it with the minimal room in there, its easy street from there.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
On an Adventra,
the Alternator is on Passengers side, (Below the Power Steering Pump)
and the Air Con Compressor is on the Drivers side,

Wonder if it would still be the same process to replace them,.