Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharged LSA pulls 291rwkw on dyno

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Exactly my thoughts. I saw the VF interior on a blokes car at work. Horrible. Looks cheap and tacky as hell, chrome and shiny bits everywhere. Chrome doesn't = quality. Btw, the FG interior is 5 years old so comparing it to the VF and sayings it's miles behind is a silly argument. And anyone who thinks a VE interior is better than an FG interior needs to check themselves.

Haha... droning on about old Fords and Falcons are better than new Commodores... On a forum dedicated to people with a passion for Commodores... in a shiitstirring bogus thread, using a bogus name, with nothing constructive whatsoever.
Real entertaining, cheap kicks, get a life, get a Commodore, or get stuffed.

blown

Reaction score
Members Ride
n/a
I thought you were ignoring me?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I'm sorry but the VF interior looks like an aliens face flattened out and stuck on... Much prefer the gtr interior.. Everyone has their tastes and opinions.. awesome power from both ford and holden, but on the street, big woop! I can beat U to the speed limit..

From personal experience driving a fast/powerful car is a completely different experience to (say) a base V6. Things I don't do:

1. Drag race from every set of lights I happen across (actually none of them)
2. Attempt to set a new cross town record on every journey I make (Once again, actually never!)

What I do enjoy is the entire experience of driving the car within the bounds of the law. That will mean medium to brisk acceleration to the legal limit on occasion, all well within the capability of both myself, the car and what the law will allow. I also enjoy the "GT" experience of my cars in particular country driving along the swoopy roads of nice hilly rural roads. It's just not the same in your base Commodore, Falcon, whatever. I understand it isn't for everybody and that's fine.

What I do get from most who have never experienced it, are jealous or just trying to justify not having a car that is beyond them is the old "you can't do whatever on the roads coz you'll loose your license". That is frustrating.

Exactly my thoughts. I saw the VF interior on a blokes car at work. Horrible. Looks cheap and tacky as hell, chrome and shiny bits everywhere. Chrome doesn't = quality. Btw,

Fair enough. Each to their own on that one. Most seem disagree with you though

the FG interior is 5 years old so comparing it to the VF and sayings it's miles behind is a silly argument. And anyone who thinks a VE interior is better than an FG interior needs to check themselves.

It's not a silly argument because when you rock up to a Ford dealership wanting a Falcon that is the product they are offering. The new one is due next year and what it is like is currently unknown by the public at large. All these comparo's are taking 2 (or more) products available at a point in time. I don't see how you can compare a product that nobody knows the specs of that will be released sometime into the future (and with Fords recent announcement that update is even in doubt!)

but seriously, all jokes aside. i have no problem admitting that Ford offers up some really great products to the australian market, some of which, or some facets of which i wish holden too offered. For example, A turbo 6. I reckon it would be great to see what they could offer up to compete with the XR6 turbo and what not, which i think, and has been proven, to be a missile of a thing. And ford of course led the way in recent times in regards to having the guts to bolt on a supercharger to an affordable australian built car, which no doubt forced HSV's hand to the point where that had no choice but to follow suit (the result of which i am dying to see how it go's). So for that i thank ford.... But it DOES NOT change my opinion that i am yet to see a single ford falcon interior that didn't look like it was designed by a kindergarten class with a bucket of scrap pieces of the worst quality plastic known to man and a design brief that says "make all the models in the lineup look almost indistinguishable regardless of price". And when ur spending $60k-$70k on a performance car, you want the thing to be nice to sit inside. coz lets face it, thats where you spend most of ur time with ur car.

I'll be the first one to admit that holden aren't exactly a world leader when it comes to interiors either so don't get me wrong on that one. But even blind freddy can see that they're some distance ahead of the falcon. especially now with the major interior upgrades with the VF series. Even any self respecting ford owner should be able to admit that.

And when contemplating you're reply, Bear in mind that i am in no way here to get into some never ending story of i like this, you like that type argument. Simply stating my opinion. Ford make some great products which i can completely understand people liking them and it really is sad to see the falcon go (which i fear will be the same fate for the commodore soon if things keep going the way they are) but its my personal preference to go with the holden. Which is what I've done, Im a very proud owner of a very proudly AUSTRALIAN BUILT 2013 VE SSV-Z sedan which i absolutely love. And I'm sure you feel the same way about ur falcon, and rightly so.

Lets just all wait to see a real world review of the GTS before continuing with this negatively driven thread. And more importantly, lets continue to support australian built cars instead of turning it into some stupid KW competition which achieves absolutely nothing but make everyone think that us aussies can't build a decent car. The list of features offered up with the Gen-F GTS would be forgiven for being mistaken for that of a $200k merc or beamer. So requardless of wether it might be a little less refined, we should all be proud that an aussie car building can offer us such a car for less then half the price.... if we don't Support the australian industry then we're going to get overrun by cheap shitty chinese crap like the "great wall"! And we"ll have no-one the blame but ourselves. And all the naysayer **** stirrers currently saying that aussies can't build cars will be up in arms that we let the australian car industry self implode... I can see it coming and it makes me mad! It will be a SAD SAD day for ALL australians when we can no longer buy a falcon or a commodore!!

^^^ this. Well most of it anyway :)

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
VF interior looks pretty damn good. The VE interior was 7 years old but you're still comparing it to the FG interior but for some reason we can't compare the VF to the FG lol, make up your mind.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
VE was released 2006, FG 2008. VE had the major facelift along the way.
I like the interior of my FG along with the exterior, BUT looks are purely subjective so you can't really comment either way.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
VE was released 2006, FG 2008. VE had the major facelift along the way.
I like the interior of my FG along with the exterior, BUT looks are purely subjective so you can't really comment either way.

I hope you mean that it is impossible to judge objectively, and that any subjective comment is accordance with the governing rules and community nature of us passionate enthusiasts who regularly contribute and donate to the Just Commodores forum is welcomed.
Meaning belligerent, antagonistic comments from someone who does not like Commodores, speaking from outside the ethos and interest of this forum community will not be tolerated?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Nope I mean what I posted, not your random dribble.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Whats any of this got to do with the original thread subject???????????????

VZ Thunder SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder SS Ute
Who gives a **** about bagging these cars out, fords are good and so are holdens, if people wanna spend $100K on their Holden then let them.

This is all just a never ending joke of an argument.