Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharged LSA pulls 291rwkw on dyno

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I'd like to see the GS go up against the GTS around a decent track for a few laps.
I would expect the GTS would be the victor.................as it should at twice the price.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I would expect the GTS would be the victor.................as it should at twice the price.

It'd leave it for dead. But yeah same same - would expect so for the $$$

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
Oh my God!! reading this thread makes me want to punch babies!!!

Why the hell is everyone arguing about the power figures of a car that NO-ONE without a holden employee ID number or a legally binding embargo on talking about the car have had their hands on yet??

A car cannot be defined by its power figures nor is its priced based purely on how many KW it can make on the dyno in a dim witted dick measuring contest!! Its absolutely pointless to say that "this" car is better than "that" car coz it makes 1kw more. Yeah, ford might currently have the "most powerful" of all the aussie made cars (GT-R spec for e.g..) with a Marginally faster 0-100km/hr. BUT, the exterior makes even the most forgiving car enthusiast want to drive themselves into a brick wall without a seatbelt, those red wheels!!! oh those red wheels :(!!! And the Interior is even worse again, so much so that i genuinely can't believe they have managed to even sell ANY of the bloody things. its an interior only its mother could love!! And these views genuinely are regardless of the fact i am a holden man. If ford made a car with a decent interior i would have no problem stating so.

A lot go's into the price of a car, anyone stop to think about some of the other features that the GTS has which the other models don't? 6 pot AP racing brakes? Torque vectoring diff?? Enhanced EDI system? etc. etc.

Anyway, long story short. At least wait for one of the bloody things to be ACTUALLY TESTED and proven as to how it performs, and sure, how many KW it makes, before bagging it out and going on a never ending rant about ford having more power than holden coz holden suck. Its not all about the power figure, anyone ever heard of words like drivability, handling, reliability, styling, build quality quality??? etc etc. All of which are things which holden have gone for with the Gen-f GTS.

The only thing stupider than a stupid argument is using unproven and unfounded points in said stupid argument.

shaness8

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG F6 VX SS
Like to think we could all support our local cars being Ford or Holden, not bagging each other about power figures, i'm a Holden man, but if i didn't own a Holden it would be a Ford as second choice.

Where else in the world can you buy large powerful V8 or turbo or supercharged 4 door car's that are affordable for all of us to enjoy.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
waynebatt, well said.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Oh my God!! reading this thread makes me want to punch babies!!!

Why the hell is everyone arguing about the power figures of a car that NO-ONE without a holden employee ID number or a legally binding embargo on talking about the car have had their hands on yet??

A car cannot be defined by its power figures nor is its priced based purely on how many KW it can make on the dyno in a dim witted dick measuring contest!! Its absolutely pointless to say that "this" car is better than "that" car coz it makes 1kw more. Yeah, ford might currently have the "most powerful" of all the aussie made cars (GT-R spec for e.g..) with a Marginally faster 0-100km/hr. BUT, the exterior makes even the most forgiving car enthusiast want to drive themselves into a brick wall without a seatbelt, those red wheels!!! oh those red wheels :(!!! And the Interior is even worse again, so much so that i genuinely can't believe they have managed to even sell ANY of the bloody things. its an interior only its mother could love!! And these views genuinely are regardless of the fact i am a holden man. If ford made a car with a decent interior i would have no problem stating so.

A lot go's into the price of a car, anyone stop to think about some of the other features that the GTS has which the other models don't? 6 pot AP racing brakes? Torque vectoring diff?? Enhanced EDI system? etc. etc.

Anyway, long story short. At least wait for one of the bloody things to be ACTUALLY TESTED and proven as to how it performs, and sure, how many KW it makes, before bagging it out and going on a never ending rant about ford having more power than holden coz holden suck. Its not all about the power figure, anyone ever heard of words like drivability, handling, reliability, styling, build quality quality??? etc etc. All of which are things which holden have gone for with the Gen-f GTS.

The only thing stupider than a stupid argument is using unproven and unfounded points in said stupid argument.
Just one note, you do know the GT R-Spec comes in other colours right?

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
Just one note, you do know the GT R-Spec comes in other colours right?

My poo comes in different colours too. Doesn't make it any more pleasing to the eye.....

but seriously, all jokes aside. i have no problem admitting that Ford offers up some really great products to the australian market, some of which, or some facets of which i wish holden too offered. For example, A turbo 6. I reckon it would be great to see what they could offer up to compete with the XR6 turbo and what not, which i think, and has been proven, to be a missile of a thing. And ford of course led the way in recent times in regards to having the guts to bolt on a supercharger to an affordable australian built car, which no doubt forced HSV's hand to the point where that had no choice but to follow suit (the result of which i am dying to see how it go's). So for that i thank ford.... But it DOES NOT change my opinion that i am yet to see a single ford falcon interior that didn't look like it was designed by a kindergarten class with a bucket of scrap pieces of the worst quality plastic known to man and a design brief that says "make all the models in the lineup look almost indistinguishable regardless of price". And when ur spending $60k-$70k on a performance car, you want the thing to be nice to sit inside. coz lets face it, thats where you spend most of ur time with ur car.

I'll be the first one to admit that holden aren't exactly a world leader when it comes to interiors either so don't get me wrong on that one. But even blind freddy can see that they're some distance ahead of the falcon. especially now with the major interior upgrades with the VF series. Even any self respecting ford owner should be able to admit that.

And when contemplating you're reply, Bear in mind that i am in no way here to get into some never ending story of i like this, you like that type argument. Simply stating my opinion. Ford make some great products which i can completely understand people liking them and it really is sad to see the falcon go (which i fear will be the same fate for the commodore soon if things keep going the way they are) but its my personal preference to go with the holden. Which is what I've done, Im a very proud owner of a very proudly AUSTRALIAN BUILT 2013 VE SSV-Z sedan which i absolutely love. And I'm sure you feel the same way about ur falcon, and rightly so.

Lets just all wait to see a real world review of the GTS before continuing with this negatively driven thread. And more importantly, lets continue to support australian built cars instead of turning it into some stupid KW competition which achieves absolutely nothing but make everyone think that us aussies can't build a decent car. The list of features offered up with the Gen-F GTS would be forgiven for being mistaken for that of a $200k merc or beamer. So requardless of wether it might be a little less refined, we should all be proud that an aussie car building can offer us such a car for less then half the price.... if we don't Support the australian industry then we're going to get overrun by cheap shitty chinese crap like the "great wall"! And we"ll have no-one the blame but ourselves. And all the naysayer **** stirrers currently saying that aussies can't build cars will be up in arms that we let the australian car industry self implode... I can see it coming and it makes me mad! It will be a SAD SAD day for ALL australians when we can no longer buy a falcon or a commodore!!

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
Everybody with some kind of sence knows you can compare dyno figures unless its same dyno same conditions so why not wait,
im 90% shore there will be a test of the to on the dyno real soon

Last edited:

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I'm sorry but the VF interior looks like an aliens face flattened out and stuck on... Much prefer the gtr interior.. Everyone has their tastes and opinions.. awesome power from both ford and holden, but on the street, big woop! I can beat U to the speed limit..

To me all these newer cars any idiot can drive them, of course it will drive nice and handle swell, its a new ####ing car, It damn should too.
But there is no driving a car anymore, the lights turn on by themselves, wipers also.. U don't even have to check ur blind spot or turn ur head to see behind.. Tell u what give it a few more years and the population won't know how to parallel park.. How lazy have we become..

blown

Reaction score
Members Ride
n/a
I'm sorry but the VF interior looks like an aliens face flattened out and stuck on... Much prefer the gtr interior.. Everyone has their tastes and opinions.. awesome power from both ford and holden, but on the street, big woop! I can beat U to the speed limit..

To me all these newer cars any idiot can drive them, of course it will drive nice and handle swell, its a new ####ing car, It damn should too.
But there is no driving a car anymore, the lights turn on by themselves, wipers also.. U don't even have to check ur blind spot or turn ur head to see behind.. Tell u what give it a few more years and the population won't know how to parallel park.. How lazy have we become..

Exactly my thoughts. I saw the VF interior on a blokes car at work. Horrible. Looks cheap and tacky as hell, chrome and shiny bits everywhere. Chrome doesn't = quality. Btw, the FG interior is 5 years old so comparing it to the VF and sayings it's miles behind is a silly argument. And anyone who thinks a VE interior is better than an FG interior needs to check themselves.