Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sleepas VR Caprice Wagon Build

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
No idea. They came with the exhaust and extractors.

Wish I knew though.

Good luck with it, twins look like a lot harder work.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, they look simple until you try it, sometimes feels like you need a physics degree.

My deadline was about 3 weeks ago... But that didn't happen.

I'm thinking new deadline by the 10th of October. But really the majority of the work is now done, pretty much all I have left to do is the paint. I am even considering registering it before it's fully painted, if I do that then maybe before end of this month.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Had to buy some 10mm x 1.25mm nuts for the exhaust bolts today so I could install it. Not as easy as it sounds. The 3rd bolt place I tried had them.

Anyway, it's all bolted up. And by lucky coincidence where the RH side exhaust joins the left, it dips a little just where the handbrake cable would rub, So no rubbing issues :)
Started it up and it's not too bad. Definitely has more of a growl to it then before, a smoother note, and a bit deeper... Oh and no raspiness.

It just needs to be a little louder. I might change the rear hotdog for another one that I have as I know it has a deeper note, and it seemed a little louder on the ute. But otherwise for what I paid for it I am very happy.

Now to continue on all the other little things.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
I know..

Will get one as soon as I can.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Can't get a video yet as the battery is flat and waiting on my jump starter to charge.

So in the meantime I thought i'd start all the other little things left to do.
Like replacing the rear brake pads, rotors and calipers with the Caprice ones and adjusting the brake shoes as the drivers side was locked on, and the passenger side was loose as.

It also got me thinking on the mechanical side about what has been left original on this car. Fuel tank, hard fuel and brake lines, steering rack, shifter, rear suspension and Diff. Think that's about it. Everything else has been replaced with the Caprice stuff. At least it shouldn't stuff up on me.

Old Brakes

New Brakes

Last edited:

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Since I have had this car I have been thinking about where to put the LPG switch, I didn't want to cut up any Caprice plastics and it is ugly and hard to see under the dash. So after a bit of thinking I came up with this. Easy line of sight and out of the way when not needed. Total stealth.