Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how smooth is a buick without a balance shaft heres your answer

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
got the vb tuned ready for engineers on monday and did a short vid to show how smooth it is with no balance shaft.its a stock 200000km engine no balance shaft thats a 222@50 duration cam on 60lb seimens idling at 800rpm now who said the buick doesnt idle smooth LOL quite surprising YouTube - who said buicks dont idle smooth

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
F****n wow... Stupid un-balance shaft huh? Lol
VERY IMPRESSED

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
haha thats awesome. slowly increase the revs? isnt the balance shaft only meant to act for a certain rpm range? still, thats pretty impressive :p

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
It is very quiet:hmmm:

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
blame the phone for that LOL think its done one to many exhaust clip and gone all quiet

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
Good to see, I'll be taking mine out soon when my doubel row rocks up :D (balance shaft bearing is ####ed)

How did you go about yours? remove the whole lot? plug the hole or not? or just remove the gear and leave the actual balance shaft in there?

NPreston

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC
Took the whole lot out of mine. Balanced the engine though and fitted double row timing chain. Project Commodre in VB_VC forum. Doesn't idle smoothly though, very lumpy.

Decowizzid, what sort of power are you expecting?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Good to see, I'll be taking mine out soon when my doubel row rocks up :D (balance shaft bearing is ####ed)

How did you go about yours? remove the whole lot? plug the hole or not? or just remove the gear and leave the actual balance shaft in there?

balance shaft pulled right out no holes to block off just left it open into the timing cover.

Decowizzid, what sort of power are you expecting?

well it had enough to do a 12.6@109 when it was fully stock with 5 speed manual so its up there with the cam it has the same power at 10psi as it had at 14psi before the cam easily 300rwhp at the moment will be on the dyno soon now it doesnt have any oil leaks

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
i recon the new injectors have a lot to do with it as well as the tune.

when i had a really dodgy injector it was definitly rougher at idle as well as full noise. so much so it had a bad vibration that dis-appeared when i swapped it out

Alex R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina LX
A little off topic, but my VP gets a little bit of a shudder when under load between around 2500 and 3500 revs, more noticeable under more load (such as up a hill).

I was wondering if this might be leaning out due to bad injectors? i can hear the injectors opperating when the bonnet is up, is this normal too?

Car is pretty much stock, except a VR 2 1/4" exhaust, VS SC intake, and a Holley panel filter. (no computer mods)
BTW - Leads, plugs and coils are all good.