Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2011 VE SSV Pierced Oil Sump/Pan

Mon-aro

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro CV8Z, VF Wagon, VF ute, VE S1, S2
how abou if i use the same ecu as the engine??

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Isn't that why you bought a hoist for?
Or was that so you could pay the mobile mechanic to come to your place, use your tools & hoist & power, then you end up doing the work, then he gives you the bill?
Is that correct? ;) :D:cool:
Speaking from personal experience, getting up from sliding the hoist arms under the car is bloody murder...So I'd happily pay some other younger bugger to do that part of my job... :)

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
When I read the OP my thoughts were that the seller wasn’t quite telling the full story of how that mysterious hole appeared in the block, and what they were doing at the time. But I can’t help wondering, as @Smitty has experienced, just how many rpm was it doing at that time, and where did this mysterious activity take place. Hard to believe it would have just happened while the car was parked in the seller’s driveway.

I remember a thread on here a while back, where a member alledgely started their car and ended up with a hole in the block, with their LS3....

Memory serves me right, got a roasting for suggesting it couldn't have happened by just starting the car as others were certain it was a warranty issue.

So maybe this is a similar one, where it has just happened by starting the car

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I remember a thread on here a while back, where a member alledgely started their car and ended up with a hole in the block, with their LS3....

Memory serves me right, got a roasting for suggesting it couldn't have happened by just starting the car as others were certain it was a warranty issue.

So maybe this is a similar one, where it has just happened by starting the car

And did they then sell it to someone else with ‘a bit of an engine tick’?

:)

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
And did they then sell it to someone else with ‘a bit of an engine tick’?

:)

Nah, people on here swore black and blue it was a warranty claim, even with a piece of block missing and unable to be found....

So it didn't run at all