Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Performance

nvs78

Reaction score
well..
the stock v6 vs, has had the following additions,

K&N Air Filter,
SS Inductions Big mouth cold air intake,
2.5" sports exhaust,
not much yet aye?
what more can be done, approx pricing, etc,
i've seen a vn-vs throttle body on ebay that has been ported and polished, what kind of difference would something like this make over the standard?
i wanna get an LSD, chip, extractors, ..
yet i'm stuck within a budget at the moment, so i'll be making one step at a time..
anyone else been in my boat and gotten ahead of my progress?

:cool:

TheLucksta

Reaction score
Do not bother getting a larger throttle body unless you are spinning some serious power in the vicinity of 150rwkw, where it will become a restriction. (unless it is hell cheap!!!)

1. Get some pacemaker extractors.
2. Then Yella Terra 1.8:1 high ratio roller rockers for ~$600 or FIT 1.9:1 high ratio roller rockers for $795 which will give you more power than the YT's.
3. Get some better plugs and leads.
4. Then give your car a really good service (injectors, 02 sensors, fuel filter, ect) and go and take it in for a dyno tune in 'real time'.
5. Then get the LSD and a higher ratio diff. (probably better to do this before the tune, so you can get the speedo recalibrated.)
6. Then get some better shocks and springs ect.
;)

S

SWE37T

I have a vs series 2 commodore with sports ryder suspention throuout and k&N Filters....... How much performance should i get, if i buy Pacemaker extractors and exhaust system with a cannon tailpipe?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
SWE37T said:
I have a vs series 2 commodore with sports ryder suspention throuout and k&N Filters....... How much performance should i get, if i buy Pacemaker extractors and exhaust system with a cannon tailpipe?

please dont get a fart cannon... :b:

TheLucksta

Reaction score
SWE37T said:

AAARRRGGGRRRR!!! noooo!!!
What is this world coming to?!?!
A fart cannon!!!.... :mad:

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
a cannon on a v6 i look at idiots who do that and laugh looks dumb sounds worse

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute

man uncool with the cannon crap, also the YT 1.98.1 rockers which i have are way better then the FIT ones

bandit10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
has anyone noticed this thread is like 6 years old... :p