Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wraith & Dems MX6 Mk2

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Well luckily I had dodgy leads on the other Mazda and it did exactly the same thing so I had good place to start. The money I had put away for the exhaust I didn't need came in handy. I think even the plug leads were OEM fresh because they were all hard and wouldn't bend. Friday is roadworthy day so I will see how it goes. At worst I think a new set of engine mounts. Not exactly about to drive it unregistered for a lap around the block but yeah now it doesn't idle like a WRX. Checked underneath and couldn't see oil either so fingers crossed.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well she failed roadworthy. Big surprise. Rear boots are split. Ball joint stuffed. Failed it also for a piss weak little crack in the windscreen so queue big dollars for that. Can't pinch anything off the blue car either because they are either worse or just not worth it.

Edit:

Ok rough guess on how much to get it on the road. Could do what needs to be done and hope it's all good but I want things to be done right on this car.

New control arms with ball joints + rear rack boots = $365

Windscreen = $308

Tinting redo = $300

Labour probably couple hundred. Hopefully having control arms will make it an easier bolt on off thing.

A lot of money but for a car I paid $400 for it's a pretty small list. Even more so given the car's age.

Last edited:

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Door handle sorted. Dem replaced it. Blue car is currently the inspection car (i.e hm this won't fit walk over oh that's bent.)

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Picked up a decent set of panels (complete doors, front guards, bonnet, front and rear bar.) for a ridiculous price instead of getting it on the road as you do.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
I keep getting distracted. I have now sourced a chipped ecu :p Dem isn't happy with my sidetracking though. Waiting on some money to come through which is taking forever.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Door fixed and tint removed thanks to Dem. Roadworthy attempt 2 tomorrow. Fingers crossed. Inspected the new panels on the weekend. Decent condition no dents. Only fail is the guy scratched the boot showing me the stuff. He will probably end up respraying it for me which is awesome. Got given 3 sets of tail lights. The set on the boot I'm getting are nightshaded pitch black so will be trying to get it off some how.

meady_183

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Berlina
Door fixed and tint removed thanks to Dem. Roadworthy attempt 2 tomorrow. Fingers crossed. Inspected the new panels on the weekend. Decent condition no dents. Only fail is the guy scratched the boot showing me the stuff. He will probably end up respraying it for me which is awesome. Got given 3 sets of tail lights. The set on the boot I'm getting are nightshaded pitch black so will be trying to get it off some how.

Don't use anything but a rag and some brake fluid to remove nightshades. Everything else damages the plastic.

Brake fluid and elbow grease rubs it straight off.

Good luck with the rwc

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Roadworthy done. Ball joint replaced and welded. Rego tomorrow because they only finished at 4 30. Cheering. Cost $280 for the windscreen. $50 bucks for ball joint. $280 to get everything done for the roadworthy. Lot of money for a $400 car but eh least it should be good for a while.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
She's on the road :D