Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wish me luck - found a 202 VC SL/E that hasn't been started in 5 years

carcollector

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice, VZ SS Crewman, ZB Calais V,VE CalaisV
Got it started tonight, but running a bit rough. I suspect that there's not much octane left in the petrol mix in the tank from the old fuel and the new. No stereo (I have an original one stored somewhere), mould growing on the badges, a couple of doors stuck closed, but original rims, headlight wipers, and overall fairly original. Even has the original Uniroyal spare tyre fitted. Needs a respray and a few dents taken out, but too good to wreck at this stage. If all goes well, it will be a second family car on Historic rego. Pity it's that awful brown colour;)

Holdenman

Modified
Reaction score
Website
www.holden.itgo.com
Members Ride
VR SS 5.0
If its been sitting a while take it easy on the rings and give them some 2stroke lube, also watch the brakes as they may be seized.
Nice score.

carcollector

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice, VZ SS Crewman, ZB Calais V,VE CalaisV
Will post pics when I can get it moved. It looks pretty sad, being out in the weather that long, but structurally, It's held up fairly well.It's busted a bonnet hinge bolt (the bolt into the inner guard, not into the bonnet), which I'm presuming the guard has to come off to get to to fix. That's caused a small dent in the bonnet, but it's fixable.

ari666 - yes, I see your point. Can't afford to be choosy about the colour ;) Thinking back on it, I don't think it has any mods at all, except I think it's had a recon changeover engine.