Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Windows slider swap without breaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

MURT53

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Maloo
How are you popping them over? Holden only ever made one part for this purpose from VB to VZ #92141897

I'd bet anyone a million bucks I can do it without breaking them (genuine only). It's a very specific technique
Lube and multi-grips right in the center of the where the ball pushes in. I’ve tried pushing them in slow or fast and i even tapered the edge of the hole slightly on 1 and I get the same result each time. They break in half just as the ball pops in.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Lube and multi-grips right in the center of the where the ball pushes in. I’ve tried pushing them in slow or fast and i even tapered the edge of the hole slightly on 1 and I get the same result each time. They break in half just as the ball pops in.

eBay might provide a clue. I did a part number search and there is a footnote for VZ fitment…

IMG_2815.jpeg

MURT53

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Maloo
Thanks for that. Definetely confirms the VZ ball studs are larger. Drilling the clips out would significantly weaken the clip i’d imagine. Such a PITA

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
No one makes VZ clips, or at least to sell separately. No, you can't drill clips from 8mm to 10mm to suit a round ballstud.

Last edited:

MURT53

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Maloo
Super old post. No one makes VZ clips. No need for 5 pages of replies. No, you can't drill clips from 8mm to 10mm.
Super old post. No one makes VZ clips. No need for 5 pages of replies. No, you can't drill clips from 8mm to 10mm.
Sorry to ruin your night. Was hoping someone might’ve had a solution by now other then buying a whole reg for 2 shitty little clips ‍♂️

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
Get some 3D printed using the samples. Otherwise new or used regulators to strip. I've done it twice. I'm not happy about it either. There's a whole lot of spare parts replacement and aftermarket dealers that have dropped the ball on this, as did Holden even swapping over and not supplying a part.

Last edited:

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
When you finish eating dicks get that million bucks ready.

https://flic.kr/p/2pN9ntG] 92141897 VX VZ slider 8mm vs NOS 10mm regulator (1)[/url] by https://www.flickr.com/photos/196419001@N03/]Ben[/url], on Flickr
Why are you so angry bro? That's not a genuine regulator from factory. That's a like a holmart dealer reproduction, GVT maybe. At some point your cars have had regs replaced. Like I said million bucks genuine...... AKA OE. Sorry for your butt hurt

You are right..... pages could be saved with a pic

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
Why are you so angry bro? That's not a genuine regulator from factory. That's a like a holmart dealer reproduction, GVT maybe. At some point your cars have had regs replaced. Like I said million bucks genuine...... AKA OE. Sorry for your butt hurt
like **** it's not genuine, bro. NOS in pack in GM box, bro.
Learn some respect when you are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.