Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What next will they try to flog for stupid money ???

Dodgy_Davo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0
I sold my Z series Maloo in 2017 for $10K, and I was pushing that, I had it up for $12K when the others were $17K (mine had rough paint) Now even in rough condition I see them in the $30s

yeah I am still salty about selling it, should have kept it...... :( I miss that 'loo
know them feels

Traded in my low k manual VE MY09 HSV Clubby for around 19k in 2018....

1715578915322.png

The family is thinking around 40k, whether that is realistic or not is debatable, and I admit to having no idea.
I have been told 25k by plenty of people. Its a LOT of car for 25k, and if that is all its legitimately worth, I will probably buy it myself.

depends on all the details but a SS pumping out that sort of figures would be worth more than 25 - assuming the car around the donk is not clapped out

By way of some type of a reference point, there is a 450KW blown clubby on FB asking 40K that's been sitting there for a couple of months
https://www.facebook.com/groups/441210279304325/posts/5979980795427218

VSYoot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute/VP Berlina. Caring for a 597kW VE SS
know them feels

Traded in my low k manual VE MY09 HSV Clubby for around 19k in 2018....

View attachment 268004

depends on all the details but a SS pumping out that sort of figures would be worth more than 25 - assuming the car around the donk is not clapped out

By way of some type of a reference point, there is a 450KW blown clubby on FB asking 40K that's been sitting there for a couple of months
https://www.facebook.com/groups/441210279304325/posts/5979980795427218

I hear what you are saying, and I understand that you never get back what you put into a car.

I am biased because I know the cars history and how it was treated, plus have all receipts and the money spent is mental.
Car has 140k and is immaculate inside and out. Engine has done fark all work, car sat for 2 years after the owner (family member) passed away.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Thing with VSYoot's VE is it has a lot of engine but not much else. IMHO that will drag down the price. I think to get $40k it would need to be higher spec. Not saying that engine is not worth a lot of money but finding someone willing to pay an extra $20k for an engine might be tricky.

Like I said the fam can test the waters but it may or may not pay off.

VSYoot

Reaction score
Members Ride
If they want $40k then tell them to try it at that price. You might snag a buyer, but likely you won't. It is a base SS with some ripe fruit. Base SS sedan no fruit are selling at under $20k, so to get $40k you would need to find someone willing to pay an extra $20k for and engine and diff. If they are adamant then they could test the market. Keeping in mind that dropping the price, once listed at a high price does not always work in a sellers favour.
Thanks, I really appreciate your input.
I haven't gone hard on marketing yet, just taking it to cars and coffee and putting a sign on it, the longer it stays unsold, the more I get to enjoy it!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Thanks, I really appreciate your input.
I haven't gone hard on marketing yet, just taking it to cars and coffee and putting a sign on it, the longer it stays unsold, the more I get to enjoy it!
If you can get it at a decent price it would be a great car to have, given the sick engine build and pretty decent diff. It might pay for the fam to set the price at $40k to test the waters, and if no bites after a week or two then see what they will let it go for. If you have a price you're willing to pay then you could get a lot of car for a lot less than it would cost you to build one.

VSYoot

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thing with VSYoot's VE is it has a lot of engine but not much else. IMHO that will drag down the price. I think to get $40k it would need to be higher spec. Not saying that engine is not worth a lot of money but finding someone willing to pay an extra $20k for an engine might be tricky.

Like I said the fam can test the waters but it may or may not pay off.

Yup, I have only recently learned the difference between an SS and an SSV - to me this is all fancy-schmancy, but you are talking to a guy whose newest car he has ever owned is a '96 VS o_Oo_O

Reactions: Lex

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Yup, I have only recently learned the difference between an SS and an SSV - to me this is all fancy-schmancy, but you are talking to a guy whose newest car he has ever owned is a '96 VS o_Oo_O
Mines a vt v6 exe. o_O o_O ;):cool:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I've been watching a 2014 Maloo. It's been for sale for four months. Was $80k now priced at $70k and its still not moving. Probably need to come down to $60k if he wants a chance to sell it. And if he keeps holding out he might get less than $60k.