Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What next will they try to flog for stupid money ???

VSYoot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute/VP Berlina. Caring for a 597kW VE SS
Reactions: Lex

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
And a cap on the front RH wheel plus a fusebox cover that stays on without electrical tape :rolleyes:

Bloody nice car though.
They are prone to popping out at the sides even when clipped in. But equally I have seen snapped tabs, so could go either way 50/50 but when asking $40K for an exec even low KM 5L, you want to present it as best you can. This is lacking in the finer details, and with the market as it is now, the HSVs and SS's aren't fetching this number on the regular.

I predict this will still be for sale for some time

VSYoot

Reaction score
Members Ride
They are prone to popping out at the sides even when clipped in. But equally I have seen snapped tabs, so could go either way 50/50 but when asking $40K for an exec even low KM 5L, you want to present it as best you can. This is lacking in the finer details, and with the market as it is now, the HSVs and SS's aren't fetching this number on the regular.

I predict this will still be for sale for some time
Agreed, I'm not saying it is worth the ask at all, not by a long shot. 30k seems to be pulling up a lot of nice manual clubbys atm.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Agreed, I'm not saying it is worth the ask at all, not by a long shot. 30k seems to be pulling up a lot of nice manual clubbys atm.
yeah the $40k & $50k price tags have dropped on the HSVs in the last year or so. The GTS/215 Senators are holding up there as always, but the rest are sitting in the $20 to low $30s auto/manual/condition - far from where they climbed during covid & just after.

number of people called a market correction, and we are here now, and there are some people trying to move on the high purchased toys and they are losing out cashing out after buying so high.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I bought my ute for $21k when prices were inflated. At the time the price was about right for what it was. I had the wrecker try and buy it off me as he was looking for a manual VE. Now at this time if the same vehicle was on the local market it would be a $17k car.

After I paid a deposit on my ute the bloke asked if I still wanted the ute a few days later as he had been made a higher offer, but was locked in. I have spent a fair bit on upgrades but I'd be lucky to get $25k, more like $22k max even with it being a pretty nice example. Being it's in really good condition it would likely sell fairly quick but the price would need to be at low $20s or it wouldn't even get anyone wanting to look at it in the current market.

VSYoot

Reaction score
Members Ride
I bought my ute for $21k when prices were inflated. At the time the price was about right for what it was. I had the wrecker try and buy it off me as he was looking for a manual VE. Now at this time if the same vehicle was on the local market it would be a $17k car.

After I paid a deposit on my ute the bloke asked if I still wanted the ute a few days later as he had been made a higher offer, but was locked in. I have spent a fair bit on upgrades but I'd be lucky to get $25k, more like $22k max even with it being a pretty nice example. Being it's in really good condition it would likely sell fairly quick but the price would need to be at low $20s or it wouldn't even get anyone wanting to look at it.
Yeah, now I have this VE I am baby sitting and potentially selling, I have been keeping an eye on the prices and dozens of them on my watchlist. There are heaps and heaps for sale and they are staying up for ages and keep dropping in price. It's a great time to be a buyer with so many offloading their toys to pay the bills.

Dodgy_Davo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0
yeah the $40k & $50k price tags have dropped on the HSVs in the last year or so. The GTS/215 Senators are holding up there as always, but the rest are sitting in the $20 to low $30s auto/manual/condition - far from where they climbed during covid & just after.

number of people called a market correction, and we are here now, and there are some people trying to move on the high purchased toys and they are losing out cashing out after buying so high.

yup

Seems its in the process of correcting for most cars but key models are still pretty high - E3 GTS and VF GTS are examples.

After I paid a deposit on my ute the bloke asked if I still wanted the ute a few days later as he had been made a higher offer, but was locked in. I have spent a fair bit on upgrades but I'd be lucky to get $25k, more like $22k max even with it being a pretty nice example. Being it's in really good condition it would likely sell fairly quick but the price would need to be at low $20s or it wouldn't even get anyone wanting to look at it in the current market.

The VE ute is still the best bang for buck imo but there are so many out there for choice - low k's manual examples still asking on the higher end as usual....

The one I'm a bit surprised about lately is the amount of VY - VZ utes asking for the mid 20's - low 30s mark - not quite sure where they are pulling these asking prices from but they don't seem to be moving quick from what i can see ..at least here in WA

Yeah, now I have this VE I am baby sitting and potentially selling, I have been keeping an eye on the prices and dozens of them on my watchlist. There are heaps and heaps for sale and they are staying up for ages and keep dropping in price. It's a great time to be a buyer with so many offloading their toys to pay the bills.

seems to be quite a few project VE's out there ...just out of interest , what would you think your babysat 600KW VE SS would be worth?

Asking for a mate...;)

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
The one I'm a bit surprised about lately is the amount of VY - VZ utes asking for the mid 20's - low 30s mark - not quite sure where they are pulling these asking prices from but they don't seem to be moving quick from what i can see ..at least here in WA

I sold my Z series Maloo in 2017 for $10K, and I was pushing that, I had it up for $12K when the others were $17K (mine had rough paint) Now even in rough condition I see them in the $30s

yeah I am still salty about selling it, should have kept it...... :( I miss that 'loo

VSYoot

Reaction score
Members Ride
yup

Seems its in the process of correcting for most cars but key models are still pretty high - E3 GTS and VF GTS are examples.

The VE ute is still the best bang for buck imo but there are so many out there for choice - low k's manual examples still asking on the higher end as usual....

seems to be quite a few project VE's out there ...just out of interest , what would you think your babysat 600KW VE SS would be worth?

Asking for a mate...;)
The family is thinking around 40k, whether that is realistic or not is debatable, and I admit to having no idea.
I have been told 25k by plenty of people. Its a LOT of car for 25k, and if that is all its legitimately worth, I will probably buy it myself.

Reactions: Lex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The family is thinking around 40k, whether that is realistic or not is debatable, and I admit to having no idea.
I have been told 25k by plenty of people. Its a LOT of car for 25k, and if that is all its legitimately worth, I will probably buy it myself.
If they want $40k then tell them to try it at that price. You might snag a buyer, but likely you won't. It is a base SS with some ripe fruit. Base SS sedan no fruit are selling at under $20k, so to get $40k you would need to find someone willing to pay an extra $20k for and engine and diff. If they are adamant then they could test the market. Keeping in mind that dropping the price, once listed at a high price does not always work in a sellers favour.