Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What do you think of the VE?

What do you think of the VE Commodore?

• Love it

Votes: 52 62.7%
  • Neutral

Votes: 24 28.9%
  • Hate it

Votes: 7 8.4%

• Total voters

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
1991_Vn2nV said:
I agree totally...All new suspension and auto electrician the other day suggested a drive-by-wire system (doubt it though), much wider wheelbase as well.

VZ already uses electronic throttle control, so I doubt the VE will go back to a drive-by-wire system.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I think the statesman will kill the fairlaine more then the commodore will the falcon, The fairlaine will be toast.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
I think it sucks more than anything has sucked before...

It looks like GMH are inches away from turning into a retro car maker like Chrysler...

The Ve is as FAT as an ol' FJ... what happenned to the era of sporty motors in compact cars ?

Is this the new Holden Humpie ?....it looks like you could have sex standing up inside !

It's quite ironic in this age of fuel crisis / petrol prices that car manufactures are releasing these ever increasing porky cars...

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
sixshooter said:
I think it sucks more than anything has sucked before...

It looks like GMH are inches away from turning into a retro car maker like Chrysler...

The Ve is as FAT as an ol' FJ... what happenned to the era of sporty motors in compact cars ?

Is this the new Holden Humpie ?....it looks like you could have sex standing up inside !

It's quite ironic in this age of fuel crisis / petrol prices that car manufactures are releasing these ever increasing porky cars...

Dude have you ever seen a FJ????? :p they are TINY, VN's look like monster tanks compared to any of the old Holdens, To me the VE looks smaller than the VT-Z, Wider yes but shorter. But I'll agree that's its too big and fat for 2006 and beyond

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
greenfoam said:
Dude have you ever seen a FJ????? :p they are TINY, VN's look like monster tanks compared to any of the old Holdens, To me the VE looks smaller than the VT-Z, Wider yes but shorter. But I'll agree that's its too big and fat for 2006 and beyond

[rant]
Of course I've seen a FJ... even seen the movie FJ Holden too !!!
Overexagerating ? maybe ?...but to see what the name Commodore has emerged into I can't be blamed can I ?....Babys Got Back !!!...Out of all the Commodores I prefer the first generation VB-VL's... they were more akin to the sportyness of the Torana's they surpassed... But these latest Commos are turning into ugly land barges... It took me a while to get used to the weight of the VS...and the blindness of the corners when parking... The VB-VL's were an easier car to drive.... not as comfortable... but you knew exactly how much space you had around you all the time... with the VS I'm still guessing sometimes... I liked the VT when they came out they looked good... but they were heavy and got progressively worse on looks with each update till the VY where they had gone from what was a pleasing roundness....to attemped angularity which doesn't look right with the rounded roof.... oh well....my next car may be European....(BMW M) I definatelly wont be buying any newer Holden looking for sporty driving experience thats for sure.
[/rant]

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
voted neutral, need to see it sitting in front of me. getting a bit old all this ve speculation.