Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do in the shed or garage today

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I don't know what phone my daughter has, but after she took the photos, she asked me what size (pixels ? ) I wanted, then selected and emailed them.
The photos have to under 2MB in size to be able to upload to jc.
If the file is bigger than 2MB when uploading , you'll get this error message.
20240513_122907[1].jpg

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
The photos have to under 2MB in size to be able to upload to jc.
If the file is bigger than 2MB when uploading , you'll get this error message.
View attachment 267995

When you are ‘selecting’ photos, is there an ‘options’ button? If so, click on it, and you can select the ‘size’ of the images to use, and reduce it from ‘full size’ to ‘large’ (or smaller) if needed. Then, hopefully the error goes away! :)

This is how it looks on an iPad, but on different devices it might appear differently?

Edit: also, note the ‘estimated size’ under the size options. Just pick a size that comes under 2MB.

IMG_2888.png

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
When you are ‘selecting’ photos, is there an ‘options’ button? If so, click on it, and you can select the ‘size’ of the images to use, and reduce it from ‘full size’ to ‘large’ (or smaller) if needed. Then, hopefully the error goes away! :)

This is how it looks on an iPad, but on different devices it might appear differently?

Edit: also, note the ‘estimated size’ under the size options. Just pick a size that comes under 2MB.

View attachment 267997
I have samsung A14. So, Android system. l have no idea about ipads.

Also l have a hard time working out what does what, with these things. Once they where easy to workout, not anymore.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I have samsung A14. So, Android system. l have no idea about ipads.

Also l have a hard time working out what does what, with these things. Once they were easy to workout, not anymore.

The forum system is a bit cumbersome and not very intuitive for loading and resizing images, but the resizing is there (albeit hard to find).

But the basic functionality should still be there whether it be Android, iOS, computer, phones, etc. It’s just that I can’t provide you with a screenshot (or walkthrough) on what it would look like on an Android phone as I don’t have one. But maybe another member could provide some screenshots?

Others resort to other methods of resizing, such as emailing the images to themselves (and let the email system do the resizing automatically).

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
The forum system is a bit cumbersome and not very intuitive for loading and resizing images, but the resizing is there (albeit hard to find).

But the basic functionality should still be there whether it be Android, iOS, computer, phones, etc. It’s just that I can’t provide you with a screenshot (or walkthrough) on what it would look like on an Android phone as I don’t have one. But maybe another member could provide some screenshots?

Others resort to other methods of resizing, such as emailing the images to themselves (and let the email system do the resizing automatically).
I just check the size of the pic. I f it's over 2MB i resize it on the phone then plug into pc, & find the pic on the phone & upload it to the forum. I use the pc because l wouldn't be able to see the details if using the phones web browser. The pc monitor l use is a old 42" full hi definition tv.
It's connected through the hdmi cable, which take care of visual & sound. So, one cable.

The pc is old, l built it 13 years ago.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I shrink mine to 60% using my cheap Samsung phone. I can't do screen shots, I've tried many times and its too hard. But basically you pic the texta looking thing at the bottom of the screen the photo is on, then the three dots in the right hand corner, then hit resize and choose 40% or 60% and save.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
For Android phones you can go to the Gallery. Find the image you want to upload and click on it. In the bottom RH corner there are 3 dots in a vertical line, push that and then select details which will give you the image size. If the image is too big click on the pencil image along the bottom, this allows you to edit the image. Then click on the 3 dots in the lower RH corner again and it brings up a box with options including one to resize the image.
WhatsApp Image 2024-05-13 at 16.05.14_782f0134.jpg

I use WhatsApp on my phone and laptop/PC. Using WhatsApp you can send messages and photos/documents to yourself that you can then save on your other device without needing plug in a cable.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I feel like we do a how to resize & upload images in a random thread every 3-6 months :p
Well we are all getting older, so there is that :p