Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do in the shed or garage today

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Spent a bit of time over the long weekend sorting through tools.
Had the last 3 toolboxes from dad's collection stored at the back of the workshop.

Had quite a few doubles and triples of certain spanners, wrenches, sockets and accessories.
The workshop toolboxes are now pretty full. I took home some of the larger spanners and wrenches (45mm+).
As for the leftovers, I partially filled one of the leftover toolboxes as a 'care package' for my son in law.
Hope he and his brothers can put them to good use.
2024-03-30 16.25.42.jpg

2024-03-30 16.27.07.jpg

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I see room for more....

Nice shed!

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Make a metal frame that you can place on the hoist lift arms while the frame sits on the ground. If designed well you can then ride your bike on it and strap the bike down to the frame… then lift the hoist and bobs your mothers brother.

You shouldn’t need large amounts of steel to build such a frame and by doing so you won’t have to be lying on concrete again :cool:

PS: heck you make even be able to get the metal base and framework that is used to ship new bikes around the globe for gratis from a bike shop (they usually just toss them)…Then modify it so you can use it on the hoist to lift your bike :cool:
Dad has done this. Can lift his bike & his trike with his frame onto the hoist arms. Does make it easier for a bunch of tasks to not be crawling around on the cold concrete.

MuckUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cross 8
Had a giant pine tree cut down during the week and access to my backyard is limited so I built a trailer for one of my toys today to make moving the limbs easier.

20240407_152532a.jpg

The tree guys left most of the bits at about 2m long and spread out wherever it landed.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Kitchen table*

It’s too cold outside so beard brought my dash toolkit inside so I can fix his mates dash cluster.
‘It’s too cold in the shed’ well that’ll teach me :rolleyes:

Thursday nights in our house :rolleyes:

IMG_8390.jpeg

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Kitchen table*

It’s too cold outside so beard brought my dash toolkit inside so I can fix his mates dash cluster.
‘It’s too cold in the shed’ well that’ll teach me :rolleyes:

Thursday nights in our house :rolleyes:

View attachment 266880
At least you & your partner is ok with bringing car parts into the house & working on it. ;)