Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ ute tailights.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
My wagon lights were a bit grotty inside and the rings had come off, so I removed the lights, 4 nuts for memory, and flushed them with water with a small spot of dish washing liquid in it. Shook them to clean all gunk.
Once dry I used a home made hook tool to work the rings back into place (on the top of where the rings go there is a rectangle cut out to get a hook in ) then I think I placed a small spot of super glue on the rings and they are still there 3 years later.
Bit fiddly but a couple of beers helped.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Thanks, I can understand what you did by the description, but I don't think my dexterity and patience could handle that. :(
I have a very secondhand set of lights (complete with a large dead spider inside) that I could practice on, that is why I was hoping that I could separate lense and body for a good clean and polish.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
A heat gun should soften the glue allowing you separate the cover.

Some use the oven but prefer the gun to test an area first. Unsure on the vz lights sorry

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
My wagon lights were a bit grotty inside and the rings had come off, so I removed the lights, 4 nuts for memory, and flushed them with water with a small spot of dish washing liquid in it. Shook them to clean all gunk.
Once dry I used a home made hook tool to work the rings back into place (on the top of where the rings go there is a rectangle cut out to get a hook in ) then I think I placed a small spot of super glue on the rings and they are still there 3 years later.
Bit fiddly but a couple of beers helped.
Also you
IMG_4842.jpeg

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I am 95% sure that the heat gun method is not going to separate the light.
Just managed to chip a corner on the old spare set after running around the seal until it was really hot to touch.
Not going to ask Her if I can put them in the oven, and the BBQ on a low heat will most likely result in Tail Light Pizza.

A new set from Ozeparts for 'brand new, unused, unopened, undamaged ' for $100 ........... OK.