Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY V8 manual conversion question

skappascrap

Herp is for the derp.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VY SV8
Hi everyone. I've converted my VY SV8 to manual and the only thing I haven't been able to quite figure out is the wiring for the second switch on the clutch.

I've modified the original auto loom from the car for the gearbox and have bridged the wires for the PNRDL plug- I'm guessing that those 2 wires from that plug should be going to the 2nd clutch switch instead- it's the white plug (That way you can't start the car without putting your foot on the clutch).

Thanks.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hi everyone. I've converted my VY SV8 to manual and the only thing I haven't been able to quite figure out is the wiring for the second switch on the clutch.

I've modified the original auto loom from the car for the gearbox and have bridged the wires for the PNRDL plug- I'm guessing that those 2 wires from that plug should be going to the 2nd clutch switch instead- it's the white plug (That way you can't start the car without putting your foot on the clutch).

Thanks.
I can't help you on this question.
But l have a question of my own?
How did the engine rebuild, end up going? & where you happy with it?

skappascrap

Herp is for the derp.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VY SV8
Hey Lex,
Everything is going well since taking things into my own hands to finish it myself.
A couple mates and I put the engine and gearbox into the car a few weeks ago. It's nearly ready to start up for the first time!

The major things left to do are buy one new AC liquid line, install the radiator & new condenser with a new receiver/dryer, and re-install the fuel tank with the new fuel pump (I found out that fuel pump was dead when I tried to flush the fuel system).

I've turned the engine over with the starter motor, without the spark plugs to check the oil pressure which was successful. 36PSI off just the starter which is a good sign

Once I check off the rest of my list- maybe a few hours work left, I will be booking the car in with a MUCH more reputable workshop to give the a base tune, some heat cycles and bed the rings in on the dyno properly.
As for a power figure, I'm guessing between 270-280rwkw.

Reactions: Lex