Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY II LS1 Calais

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
What a beast! A 'P' plater with a V8... I envy you (damn Victorian road laws). As far as the insurance goes, I feel so sorry for you. I have a VT series 2 V6 calais and my insurance is over 2grand... And thats the cheapest I could find, cant imagine what you must be paying. Anyway, very nice car. Take care of it!

barbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro CV8
lol, i got my P's before the NSW laws came into play so thats all sweet.

yeah insurance is the reason why i have 1 full time job, 1 part time and a casual... if you ask me its a fking rip off

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Oh wow... Well i don't work, for a few reasons, the main one being I'm too lazy haha so it's kinda tough, plus the petrol... But you have a V8 so i won't complain about that. Oh hey i just noticed your birthday is only 5 days after mine! I know that was random but oh well.

barbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro CV8
MikesVT said:
Oh wow... Well i don't work, for a few reasons, the main one being I'm too lazy haha so it's kinda tough, plus the petrol... But you have a V8 so i won't complain about that. Oh hey i just noticed your birthday is only 5 days after mine! I know that was random but oh well.

lol very random, petrols alright, i tend not to think about money till mods

update: cat back exhaust in is, just how i wanted it.... no drone, not very loud on the inside, but just loud enough on the outsite

now im after so cash to get headers, OTRCAI and my mafless tune :driving:
im afraid that the mods wont stop there and the car will empty my pockets ages!

barbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro CV8
Ev0LuTioN said:
Top car man, love Calais. Take good care of her :p

no doubt about that mate, i wanna her so nice i think i might go professional car detailed :)

barbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro CV8
new updates, i got dual engine covers, got them painted blue to match the number plates. i like them but the left one doesn't look right... if after a while i cant stand them i can always stick the turtle one back on...
i also got some a pic of my new tip from my cat back install. nothing special but oh well

photo00017sp.jpg

photo0002edit3gn.jpg

tip

photo00041pk.jpg

photo0013edit0kq.jpg

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
barbs said:
mate trust me its hard trainee wages monday - friday and sat morning which gets about 250 - 300, but in my eyes its bloody worth it

i wanna do so much to it but the insurance is a b*tch as it is... a massive step up from the vn i had...
good on ya mate, i am an apprentice with a v8, some people wonder how we can afford v8's i guess its out luv for nice commodores, really nice vy and its a LS1 So very nice ride!

barbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro CV8
subdue said:
good on ya mate, i am an apprentice with a v8, some people wonder how we can afford v8's i guess its out luv for nice commodores, really nice vy and its a LS1 So very nice ride!

hey nice to see some others in the same boat. if you like it no make that love it youll find a way!! :dance:

if my VN was awesome as yours i wouldnt of upgraded :thumbsup:

cheers