Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY berlina series 2

Kain_jg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx berlina s2 v6
i have a vy berlina 2003 just replaced abs module as having symptoms with

SRS
contact service dealer
trac control (not working)
temp gauge (not working)
fuel consumption avg (not working)

as on now we cant connect scan tool. car was taken into mechanic fine without any issues and come out with multiple symptoms as stated above,
nothing has changed since doing so abs module anyone have any suggestions.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
i have a vy berlina 2003 just replaced abs module as having symptoms with

SRS
contact service dealer
trac control (not working)
temp gauge (not working)
fuel consumption avg (not working)

as on now we cant connect scan tool. car was taken into mechanic fine without any issues and come out with multiple symptoms as stated above,
nothing has changed since doing so abs module anyone have any suggestions.
Why was the abs module changed?

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
was told that could have been the issue
Hope you weren't charged for it?

Whats the story with the car?
Just bought & thats the way it was when you bought it, or you where installing something?

Kain_jg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx berlina s2 v6
Hope you weren't charged for it?

Whats the story with the car?
Just bought & thats the way it was when you bought it, or you where installing something?
so much to explain, please feel free to contact me on 0406707508

Djmx

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Berlina
Hi Lex this is about my car, just had a friend post as we are lost on what to do

We bought the car may 2023 and it was running great it had had a motor swap prior to us buying it, in July of 2023 we got defected for suspension so had to go to regency to pass, we went to southern brakes and needed 4 minor things fixed when we went to collect our car we owed $2300 and 13 things had been done (didnt need to be done) since getting our back it has been having poor idle to the point it would turn off and our trans line kept coming off, we fixed the trans line and the poor idle has stayed, in feb 2024 it threw the above problems like no traction and no temp Gauge we then lost out air conditioner and got a srs light

The car has driven the whole time just with poor idle and recently we got told it was our Abs so we replaced that with matching numbers and it has done nothing

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi Lex this is about my car, just had a friend post as we are lost on what to do

We bought the car may 2023 and it was running great it had had a motor swap prior to us buying it, in July of 2023 we got defected for suspension so had to go to regency to pass, we went to southern brakes and needed 4 minor things fixed when we went to collect our car we owed $2300 and 13 things had been done (didnt need to be done) since getting our back it has been having poor idle to the point it would turn off and our trans line kept coming off, we fixed the trans line and the poor idle has stayed, in feb 2024 it threw the above problems like no traction and no temp Gauge we then lost out air conditioner and got a srs light

The car has driven the whole time just with poor idle and recently we got told it was our Abs so we replaced that with matching numbers and it has done nothing
You need somebody that can actually fix the car, try somebody else.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I would swap the abs unit back as the replacement seams worse off.

Abs can't affect idle so you have 2 or more issues to separate out and troubleshoot independently.

Idle could be plugs, leads, coils, vacuum leak or sensor. If you have a mate with the same engine (ecotec) you can swap parts out to se if the fault follows the part or does nothing to fix. Check error codes first to see if anything has been logged.

Abs honest not too sure on the issue but I believe you may be able to pull codes.