Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VU SS Fifty

Aussie XB12SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VU SS Fifty
The problem with those aftermarket bumpers aside from being fibreglass is that when you buy them they come unpainted. They're rough, need sanding down & they don't fit well.

Yep, Had a good look around yesterday and most of the mounting points are starting to crack and the fog lights are aftermarket as genuine wont fit.
Got a set of genuine ones on the way.
Think I will near give this one away otherwise it'll be wasting space in the shed.

Aussie XB12SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VU SS Fifty
14E60C3B-DDFB-4F9A-A514-1246A5BA4975.jpeg
83027DBF-D0E4-4B81-9E2F-33FB0B0DA1DA.jpeg

Last edited:

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
That's so tidy! Looks like someone recently just re-trimmed the gear stick and handbrake handles. Very tidy!

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Very nice, gotta love the VUs, sunroof's a great add on. Love that interior. Great ute in really good condition, well apart from that bar and the chevy badges

R

Risky

That has to be the most cleanest interiors I've ever seen. You only see that on showroom floors.

B1 & B2 would feel at home driving it. I have to admit that Holden went wild on the interior for the SS Fifty. :spot on:

Genuine SS lights have the VU SS logo on the lens. Funny enough they carried it through on the VY series.
$_35.JPG

Aussie XB12SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VU SS Fifty
Have two of the fog lights in your photo on the way.
The seats are more comfortable than my VF SV6 seats.

elless1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
Good choice on going back to the stock front bar, the fiberglass ones look **** imo.
Doesnt help its one of them vy/vu ones. Awesome ute by the way,looking forward to seeing
it back the way it should be.

The rims on it actually suit and look nice.

Genuine holden rims always give that finished look/stock look that a lot of us love so much.

When you get your steering wheel done or get a quote can you let us know how much roughly?
The stitching and leather on my calais wheels coming off and it just brings the rest of the car down
when your driving it i reckon. (mine looks very ratty)
Ive looked at trying to find a descent berlina wheel or calais wheel but like you ute, mine was
different to just about all the other ones being an international.

Luckily there's a whole crowd of people, probably with 6 cylinder holdens just waiting to put chev badges on them.
You should get rid of them pretty easy. haha

Aussie XB12SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VU SS Fifty
Yep, will do. Fella I use is an excellent tradesman in Bendigo but will give you something to work off. https://www.facebook.com/Dantrim-pl-104168132968378/

I followed the crowd and put black rims on it but lucky for me the tyre dealer damaged each wheel and agreed to give my money back and put the chrome wheels back on it. I'll never get wheels fitted after 5:00pm Friday again.

After the black wheels I like the Chrome wheels as well. Still trying to find a set of CV8 rims.

R

Risky

I've had a look on eBay to see if there's any VT VX VU steering wheels & WH Caprice ones. Couldn't find any except for base model. Tons of VY VZ WK WL steering wheels. Several guys have converted their wheels & there are write ups for it. Even for VE if you feel up to the challenge. You may have to hit the wreckers

The only suggestion before you see someone to re-cover the wheel is check if Holden have any left in stock.

If you're after CV8R wheels check out the links below. The first one has a slightly scratched set for $850
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VY-V2-18x8-CV8R-Wheel-Package-Holden-Monaro-92156436-235-40-R18-Genuine-/222223894432?hash=item33bd9387a0:g:SGwAAOSwMtxXvOEN
If you're after new, try Wheeldemon which has a slight mark
https://www.wheeldemon.com.au/wheel/Holden/Commodore/VT-VZ/5767/vy-cv8r

Last edited by a moderator: