Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT/VX RetroFit Guide for: VN/VP/VR/VS

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Im still working on it mate..
I just have the lower part and centre in.

Jake_VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec S11
Just did VT Rear and Front seats into my Vs Sedan, Front i just swapped the front vs rails with a bit of modifcation on the vt seats, no electrics but dont bother me, the rear seat i just took my time to bend the frame to suit, works great, pm if you need help on my methods

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yea. Id like to see what you did to the seats on the rear.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
I cbf'd getting it so I cut off some foam and used the top rail just under the material.
VX Calais seats are harder to fit Than standard. Cause they have the headrest.
The bottom bracket was 40mm out so I CBF'd with that too. Haha.

southaussiecommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
A update on what is called the
method 2 for front seats.
i don't have any pictures but took me about a hour to do. the easiest and legal way to do it. ill step by step it
1. pull the seats apart take the rails off the bottom of the vn-vs seat and vt/vx seat. and take out the bolts that hold the back of the seat on now you should have both seats in 3 pieces.
2. put the bases of the seats upside down and unclip and cut the metal rings off holding the metal base into the bottom of seat and pull both out put the vn-vs metal base into the vt/vx seat and reclip it up and put the vn-vr rails onto the now vn-vr base in the bottom of the vt/vx seat.
3. you will need to drill the one of the holes on each side the hold the back of the seat on and then just put it all back together and chuck it back in the car.
it is very simple and easy to do you should be able to tell what you are doing from what i have said i had no guide at all to do it and it only took me around a hour to do.
and the biggest bonus of all it is totally legal as there have been no mounting modifications done.

Hey can u put a pic up of the rails so I know if I'm doing right

JCL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Ute
I bought some VY SS seats for my VS to do a rail swap yesterday. Pretty sure the seat rails and base are different on a VY SS than the VT VX as it required a fair bit of thought in the end to make it all happen.

Turns out it is pretty easy though. Main challenges are taking the foam base and cloth from the VY rails and attaching them to the VS base. The VY cloth was attached to the VY base with a long plastic clip thing on each 4 sides (about 15cm long) that just slid on to the metal on the base. I followed the same process and pulled the cloth trim taught over the VS base and slid the long clips on to the VS base. It requires a fair bit of effort to get them on but once its done its very nice and tight.

The other main challenge is expanding the holes on the back rest (where it attaches to the base) as they dont line up exactly with the VS base. I had to file out the holes for about 15 mins each to widen them a little. Once you have done that its easy.

It took me about 3 hours to do the passenger seat only because i had to work it all out as i go. I think the drivers seat will take about an hour.

Strokin355

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs ss 355
Awesome read!
I'm wondering if anyone has tried fitting vx door cards into a Vs. Would this be possible and if so what mods would be required. Open to suggestions and not afraid of a bit of hard work.
Cheers

LAYINLO-SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS Commodore SS 1997 SII
Hi all great stuff I've put vt SS seats in due to having ve SS seats in my backs all line up prefect due to brackets been moved n belt but I would the electic drive set in my vs SS got custom seat rails form my ve SS seats that fit my vs rails etc so I can bolt them up to it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 338

LAYINLO-SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS Commodore SS 1997 SII
I've bolted the back top seats up so they don't move