Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT not starting

Athena0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive
It really depends. Sometimes it’s absolutely fine and starts. Other times it won’t start at all. For the whole day even. But if it starts first go. It will be fine and continue to start fine.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
It really depends. Sometimes it’s absolutely fine and starts. Other times it won’t start at all. For the whole day even. But if it starts first go. It will be fine and continue to start fine.
So, you have more than one problem.

This pic is from @Glaze thread, vy v6 dfi plug pin outs. https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vy-v6-dfi-plug-pinouts.304627/
Here is a pic of his dfi plug. notice the colouring on the right hand pin?
1715571713174.jpeg

That's what is called a burnt pin. It needs replacing.

I suspect your plug could be in the same condition?

Do you do your own work on the car, or do you send to mechanic?

Another thing l learnt was when replacing the dfi, it's good practice to replace the coils with it.
I just get mine from a wreckers. I also keep a spare and the tools to change it, in the car.
But l do my own work.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Next time it doesn't start try checking the 2 things below no cost and easy to check.

1. In park position, Add forward pressure the gearstick and see if it starts, if not try rearward pressure.

2. Check if the immobiliser light is out when you try to start it.

If 1 works then it's the neutral switch, if light on during 2, it's immobiliser/key contact issue.