Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs fault codes 23 and 63?

jonboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive s2 v6
hi i did a check on my ecotec vs yesterday nd it came back with codes 23 (IAT voltage high) and 63 (lh o2 sensor no signal) does this mean i need new sensors? or something else? cheers

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Try clearing the error codes by resetting the ECU,this is done by disconnecting the battery for a minute or two,then go for a 15 minute drive, and then see if the error codes have returned.If they have, check the wiring and connectors to the sensors.If theres nothing out of the ordinary found, like broken wiring etc,then its most likely them sensors will need replacing.They do wear out like just like any other part and need replacing from time to time.Try to only use genuine holden sensors if you can.I have seen a few problems with cheaper sensors.They can end up costing you more in the long run.

jonboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive s2 v6
thanx for help i will try this, ill probly price up new o2 sensors tho, i have no idea when they were last replaced