Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS 304 torque specs

Dolts

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx ss bt1 , vt bt1, vs statesman international #1
Yeah, they basically lay on top of the fuel rails. There is a joiner halfway down the passenger side (consider replacing this with a brass unit if it looks questionable)
Cheers deuce, my issue is i have removed all hoses, besides hoses from fire wall weeks ago, now I can't remember what hose goes where. Also does any hoses run to the gas converter as I'm sure I removed one from there again can't quite remember

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Cheers deuce, my issue is i have removed all hoses, besides hoses from fire wall weeks ago, now I can't remember what hose goes where. Also does any hoses run to the gas converter as I'm sure I removed one from there again can't quite remember
My only gas experience is an LPG 202" in a 70 land-rover.
But yes, that definitely had coolant running to the mixer (yet I still managed to freeze it after towing an empty trailer up the Bombay hills - south AKL)

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Please send a picture of your engine bay, and also the hoses available.

Dolts

Reaction score
Members Ride
Please send a picture of your engine bay, and also the hoses available.
I will have to send one in the morning, or when i get home tonight at 10.30 cheers for the help.

Dolts

Reaction score
Members Ride
Here's a couple pics had to use the old man's phone as my pics are to large.

Attachments

• 1000000057.jpg
    1000000057.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 1000000055.jpg
    1000000055.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 19

Dolts

Reaction score
Members Ride
Here's a couple pics had to use the old man's phone as my pics are to large.
First question.
Does this hose in pic 1 connect to the t peice on passengerside of fuel rail. That goes to mixer ?

Then the that runs under inlet manifold where does that connect at the rear of inlet side ?

From.the third pic I'm left with the 2 hoses pretty sure the first is to t peice as said above then I'm left with inlet hose cheers again everyone

Dolts

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just found this pic may have worked it out, please correct me if I'm wrong this is how I purchased the car so hopefully they were connected properly by previous owner as it had done a headgasket at some stage and some hoses were newer than others, sorry for being a pain in the ass appreciate the help. Legend's

Attachments

• ad_1715166955153.jpg
    ad_1715166955153.jpg
    510.1 KB · Views: 17

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Ahh yes, that old picture makes sense.
They have tee'd in at front of banana manifold there (right behind throttle body elbow) which is the hot side of the cooling system (see how it was going to the heater tap).
They send that through the manifold air gap and loop to the mixer.
Then after it has warmed the mixer, it return's to a tee piece in the heater return line which will dump to the top of the water pump (cold side of cooling system).

If you plumb it as pictured, it should work fine.

Dolts

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ahh yes, that old picture makes sense.
They have tee'd in at front of banana manifold there (right behind throttle body elbow) which is the hot side of the cooling system (see how it was going to the heater tap).
They send that through the manifold air gap and loop to the mixer.
Then after it has warmed the mixer, it return's to a tee piece in the heater return line which will dump to the top of the water pump (cold side of cooling system).

If you plumb it as pictured, it should work fine.
Cheers Deuce you have saved my ass once again, was confused as I purchased a complete heaterhose set but a few didn't match up, figured the last owner purchased by the meter and did his own thing, cheers for the help hopefully start the bus tomorrow, see if I fecked up anything in the process cheers again

Reactions: Lex