Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP Calais fuse one blown

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
I've hooked the battery up the wrong way, now it is right I have found fuse one (under the steering wheel) for "parking lamps, trip computer, radio, power antenna." keeps blowing, like there is a short somewhere, can not even put the fuse in without it arching.
I'm thinking it has something to do with the trip computer but not sure where to start.
Everything was working fine before.
Can anyone help me please?

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Get a multimeter, pull fuse 1 and confirm that you have a short to earth in the orange and white wire coming out of the fuse.

If so unplug and test in turn each of the 5 items connected to fuse 1 at their local plug (most of the plugs are under the dashboard) until the short to earth on the F1 O/W wire disappears.

If you think it's the trip computer, the plug for it is under the RH side of the dashboard above the driver's glove box. There are instructions on this forum with photo's showing how to get to it.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
I started testing and isolating and turns out the radio had the fault.
Disconnected and now everything is back to normal :cool:
Good excuse to fit that Pioneer I've had sitting there.

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
I started testing and isolating and turns out the radio had the fault.
Disconnected and now everything is back to normal :cool:
Good excuse to fit that Pioneer I've had sitting there.
That's a good outcome compared to a burned out cluster. Good level 3 clusters are getting hard to find.

Reactions: Lex