Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn Computer

A

alyjoann

I did a stupid thing the other day I jump started my wife car from my vn
with plain jumper leads now my car wont go . it started ok the first time after i had jump started the other car but now it has no spark to the plugs . it has a engine imbobiliser. can any one tell me what to do to fix it

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
I've done some pretty silly things and never blown a VN computer (delco) by shorting it out or jump starting. See if the computer will go into diagnostics before you do anything.

I explained it quickly here-

http://forums.justcommodores.com//index.ph...p?showtopic=542

If you have a multimeter check your coil pack/s and DFI module.

Garth explains it here-

http://forums.justcommodores.com//index.ph...p?showtopic=277

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
over the year's i did my appentice ship for auto spark, i would often see some people come into the shop with car's that had no spark, well, i have good new's and bad new's.

good new's, your computer is fine, the bcm dont realy play any vital part on the spark side of things, it does have a funtion but not to make spark.

bad new's, igntion moduel is stuffed, if you have no spark, it wount be a coil, vn, vp have 3 dual coils, so unless they are all dead (which i doubt) you wont have any spark there. how ever if the ignition moduel is dead, you will have no spark, the igntion moduel controls the coils. ill write up a little dity 2morrow on how to check your ignition moduel

cheers
garth

p.s. when you want to get a new igntion moduel, first you should check your old coils, why replace something that isnt broken. you can just get the igntion moduel seperately without the coils. it will save you a **** tin of dollars aust there.

A

alyjoann

:rolleyes:thanks for your replies to my problem on blown computer I can now check out what you have said and see if I can come up with a fix

J

James Collins

Unless the VN is the first series which used 1 big coil (from my understanding). The second series VN used the 3 separate coils.