Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL SL/Berlina or mock up Calais?

Mock up or stay stock?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tokenwhiteguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
So I'm sure lots of us have had to make the decision before, what would you guys do? I love the Calais but they are outta the budget nowadays. Have a blue interior VL I'm considering doing a mock up with. Thoughts?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
One problem you will encounter is the Calais nose...They have the pop up headlights which differs from the normal VL Commodores...

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
By time you've built it into calais mock up chasing & paying for all parts...you probably could have bought a calais.

If it's in good condition do it up as what it is 'cos mockups rarely correct & owners get butthurt when bagged out for incorrect parts etc

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Keep it original as mockups are usually a little stupid in my opinion... For example, every XY Falcon I see on the road seems to be an orange GT 351, which I know for a fact is usually not the case...

Dylan kingswood

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 s2 Ve ss
Keep it original as mockups are usually a little stupid in my opinion... For example, every XY Falcon I see on the road seems to be an orange GT 351, which I know for a fact is usually not the case...
Nothing better than just seein a standard falcon 500 or kingswood as it was meant to be

tokenwhiteguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
I was on the fence but yeah think I'll pass on the mock up :cool: