Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL Calais history PPSR

HsvR86.2

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 Vy
Hi All,
very interested in purchasing a Vl.
It has all the tags and it matches the chassis.

Vehicle hasn't been registered in 3-5 years and it seems like Vic roads has no record of it.

Vehicle was last registered in club permit around 3 years ago.

Gave Vic roads the chassis number and engine number and it came up with no record.

PPSR don't accept chasis number or club permit number, is there anyway I can get the vehicle history with the previous club permit rego?

Thanks in advance

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
When we register on the PPSR at work, we always use the VIN as I would expect most interested parties would.

HsvR86.2

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 Vy
Vls don't have VIN, they have a chasis number and PPSR don't have records due to it being pre 89. Any other way I can find out the cars histor if it's written off or stolen or has finance?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
No idea without rego or VIN, sorry.

VLmate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL 333
I had the same problem some years ago, when to by a VL. Did the PPSR check and nothing, didn't show up. So I thought that the tags were dodgy. In the end I called a lady from VicRoads, who told me that for vehicles that were manufactured prior to 1989, did not have to be registered in the system. I think back then it was done by the state registration Authority. Some put them in the system, others didn't. That's is why there are so many VK and VLs not in the system for PPSR.
What I did, was got the lady to run the old rego through the VicRoads system, where she was able to confirm that the car was not stolen, written off, or had encumbrances. They are the main ones.
You mention that it was Reg'd 3 years ago on club permit. How do you know. You haveing indicated that you have the club permit number. Is this what the owner said? This is all probably academic now anyway, was 3 months ago!
Cheers.

Last edited: