Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Ute and wagon!!!

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Nope, all the same. The only difference was the front and rear (you can simply bolt VS front panels onto a VN, not that anyone with half a brain would intentionally do that :p).

VN-VS front doors are all the same (alot of people put VS door trims on their VN/P because they have speaker pods).
VN wagon doors can be swapped with VS wagon doors, aswell as the tailgates.

Fairy nuff, the rear arches threw me.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Fairy nuff, the rear arches threw me.

Of course there were minor upgrades like that (aswell as a completely different dash, but still interchangable into VNs)

I'm guessing (although never known for sure) you could weld VR/S rear 1/4s onto a VN/P to get the rounded arches.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Of course there were minor upgrades like that (aswell as a completely different dash, but still interchangable into VNs)

I'm guessing (although never known for sure) you could weld VR/S rear 1/4s onto a VN/P to get the rounded arches.

I don't know that you would but yes it's a straight forward enough job for a half competent beater. Inner wheel arches may also have changed too. All the hard points carried over from VN - VS. There are plenty of under body components that carried from VB all the way thru to VZ believe it or not.

Reaper

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I don't know that you would but yes it's a straight forward enough job for a half competent beater. Inner wheel arches may also have changed too. All the hard points carried over from VN - VS. There are plenty of under body components that carried from VB all the way thru to VZ believe it or not.

Reaper
Taillight looms, going by how many christmas tree VZs i see :p

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Your theory works...until you get to the VL. Then it fails.

True but you have to think back to what was happening to Holden during the development of the VL.

The old red six had reached its end and leaded fuel was being outlawed from 1986. Holden was searching for a new engine around the world. There wasn't the money available at that time (1982-83) for a completely new model, so the VB shell was going to have its fourth incarnation. It was getting old but had to soldier on until the VN was ready. If they had simply dropped the Nissan into a mildly facelifted VK, nobody would have been interested. VH had lost market leadership to Ford and the VK hadn't really improved the situation, so the VL had to look new and substantially different to the VK. It represented a third facelift for the original design, although this wasn't a first for Holden. The HQ went through three facelifts, for similar reasons leading up to the Commodore's introduction in 1978.

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ, LN167 Turbo Hilux, VSII Ute
Probably bad wording on his part, the commodores have generations.

Your right mate. Sorry I missed a critical word there. Should have said.

Anyone that knows their Commodores would have noticed by now that for the last 20+ years they keep the same body shape for ATLEAST 2 models in a row.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition

Anyone that knows their Commodores would have noticed by now that for the last 20+ years they keep the same body shape for ATLEAST 2 models in a row.

The definition of the word "At Least" obviously means something different to you.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
The definition of the word "At Least" obviously means something different to you.

VB, VC, VH, VK, VL
VN, VP, VR, VS
VT, VX, VY, VZ
VE, VEII, VF

All of these generations have at least two models?

Seems my definition of the word at least is different to yours :S

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
VB, VC, VH, VK, VL
VN, VP, VR, VS
VT, VX, VY, VZ
VE, VEII, VF

All of these generations have at least two models?

Seems my definition of the word at least is different to yours :S

He's not talking about Generations. He said he was missing a crucial word...and instead of making that word "generation" he said "at least"

Which is still incorrect when you take into account the VL. Which has a totally different body shape. Which makes his statement once again, incorrect. Semantics maybe, but incorrect all the same.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Which is still incorrect when you take into account the VL. Which has a totally different body shape. Which makes his statement once again, incorrect. Semantics maybe, but incorrect all the same.

Not when you're talking about generations. You can put a VL door trim on a VB, just as you can VS to VN. Same generation!