Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Head Unit Touch Screen Display 8" replacement

Kim

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF Evoke Wagon
Hi all,

I have searched the forum and found some info but I need some advice. My screen has developed a fault in my VF Evoke Wagon (2013). Advice in another post suggested:
You can replace the screen component easily by getting one from a wrecker and it does not need any special programming.
Just make sure the screen comes from a mylink with the same button config as your one as in if your one has satnav get a screen from a satnav unit because the button config is programmed into the screens logic board.

The base unit needs to have your vin programmed into its eeprom for it to work in your vehicle if you get it from a wrecker.

stooge

I have contacted a wrecker and they told me that the screen has to match my VIN. (See photo where the number is 9229 5309).
Screenshot 2024-04-09 101926.png

The questions are:
1. If I get a screen with the same number on it will I need to program the eeprom?
2. If I do, how is this done? What equipment is needed?
3. Do the numbers have to match exactly?

Thanks for any advice.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I’m pretty confident that it only the Mylink box itself that has to be VIN matched. The screen itself can be replaced without any programming.

If buying the whole screen unit with buttons (and vents), just be aware that there are two different keyboard layouts (GPS and non-GPS).

Reactions: Kim