Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vf base model

20joeyz20

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Executive 3.8 V6
I don't really like the look of the red one....however I really like the other two. If I had to get one I think I would buy a calais sport wagon.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Yuck. VF is a big no no for me. I didn't like the VE at first but it grew on me alot, won't be the same with the VF, pure ugly.

Quoted for the record. You'll probably end up driving one in 5 - 10 years when they're cheaper. :p

The two Calais' look good. The red base model looks ok... for a base model.

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
I've always found most entry level models (Cars sub 60K that is) to look pretty ordinary. VF is no different.

Mind you, when you're looking for a low cost large car, do aesthetics really come into it that much?

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
I can't remember a base model commodore that I have liked. There is a general blandness about them all, as they are highly conservative. The rims look too small, and the kits on them are usually ugly. But, there has always been a big market for commodore mods, and the VF will be no different. At the end of the day, it is the base model. It represents value for money compared to other large cars on the market.

Krilnik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
OK, so what i saw yesterday was actually the silver wagon in the link within the first post. I stood there for a second wondering what on earth this car was. Front looked weird, but the rear looked like a VE. I just shrugged my shoulders and kept walking.

Now i'm cursing because 1. I now know what it is and 2. Didn't take a peek through the windows!

Krilnik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
Also, you guys do know that it looks just like a Chevrolet Malibu right? The Malibu is rumored to be taking over from the "Commodore" when we stop making them. I guess they're making that transition easier for us by styling the last Aussie made Commodore just like the future "import Malibu with Commodore badges".

Google pictures of "chevrolet malibu" and you'll see the body shape, lights and especially rear end is extremely similar to the VF.

Last edited:

XCU53

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wl caprice
Looks like a epica cross Mazda 6 let's hope the hsv models and upper models like Calais etc looks better , saying that though they have done a great job on the technoligical features and interior although does look a little Holden cruzey

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I think one thing is certain, it's not the prettiest car on the planet or the ugliest - the worst thing that could have happened to GM is some abortion like the AU Falcon.

Krilnik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
As ugly as the base model and Calais looks, i dare say the HSVs would look nice.

As for the AU falcon comment, couldn't agree more. What on earth was Ford thinking when they styled that abomination.