Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE V6 conversion to V8??? ANYBODY EVER DONE IT!!!

goldcoastr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve wagon
As the title says Ve v6 model convert to V8??? Anybody ever tryed or know of some one thats done it???

(seems ve models are very hard to convert compared to past commodores?)

ok my run down, basicly own a custom ve wagon which i like a lot but its only the 3L v6 & even if it was the SV6 3.6l it seems a lot of money to try to ether turbo charge or supercharge it like the $$$ doesnt seem to be worth the results! so im thinking ether try to convert the beast to a v8

ive spoken to a few people bout this & the best reply came from the owner of hi torque performance but he spoke of the hassles invloved like basicly i need a full half cut or a damaged car with all the running gear, basicly said the full inside electronics on the dash & all that needs to be changed over its not as simple as a engine change & the wiring harness & computer

so basicly yeah thats why asking has ANY ONE out there done a conversion like this?

yes i know it might set me back $10 to $15 but honestly the price my car cost me already add $15 & ill still be under barget compared to buying a second hand ss wagon with some mods done or a brand new ss wagon then add $15k of mods so i am actually thinking i might try to convert it

main reson well the cars mint & i love her lol link http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-wm/186288-custom-ve-wagon.html

so before you say this SELL IT MATE GET A V8 MODEL Or YOU SHOULD HAVE GOT A V8 (Useless comments) view the car first then u tell me its not worth converting it (ITS WAY TO NICE TO START OVER AGAIN FRESH) & as i explained even if it cost me $15k ill still be paying total for my car & the mods under what i would have paid for a decent second hand ve wagon with some mild mods Or a brand new stock one plus added mods after

THANKS FOR READING

VT_SS

-
Reaction score
Members Ride
EVIL304
I haven't done it but what ever makes you happy mate. Are you off your P plates ?

goldcoastr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve wagon
thanks for comments so far look foward to seeing others later (i can see this thread being a good debate thread ha)

& im on green P over 25 years old so no restrictions but by the time i get this done i should be rolled over to opens depends how long this takes to find the right running gear

& thanks u just put a good factor in my mind that the v8 can be charged easier then the v6 after its in & with good results :)

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
I am not going to say buy a V8 because it's a nice looking car and would be a great wagon as is, but at the end of the day mate you are going to be up for a lot more than 15k buy the time you get all the little things out the road, not to mention the time factor involved in doing such a conversion.

But if you have the time and the cash then whip that 6 out and go for it.

Good luck with it.

Cheers.

footy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE 2010
u should turbo it. be heaps more original than a car that already looks like a v8 having a v8 but being a v6... or somthing

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
+1 Turbo the sh** out of it, with the dollars you'd spend converting it to a V8 you could make a monstrous 6.

ASxTecH

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF LSA Maloo
i know alot has been done but honestly its a big job to drop a v8 in.
im sure it could be done tho, i havnt seen it or done it but based off its a modern car ahah
But if you realy wanted a complete reliable car i would say get a second wagon and swop parts and make the v6 with all the stock parts and change all the modded parts to the new one, Does yours have a LSD?
only thing that would stop you from doing that is the paint right?

goldcoastr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve wagon
i know alot has been done but honestly its a big job to drop a v8 in.
im sure it could be done tho, i havnt seen it or done it but based off its a modern car ahah
But if you realy wanted a complete reliable car i would say get a second wagon and swop parts and make the v6 with all the stock parts and change all the modded parts to the new one, Does yours have a LSD?
only thing that would stop you from doing that is the paint right?

hi yeah sort got 2 cars already & dont need a 3rd, i would maybe yeah sell it as is cause could get a lot more for it with the paint & panel job it has, hsv guards are pretty comment to obtain here for around $3000 for the full front, it has a lsd diff in it, has the stock box a ve berlina comes with

the turbo idea indeed is the plan i would have liked to have taken but honestly guys if you research the ve sidi v6 engine u will find the load of dramas in putting forced induction onto it, thats why in end id rather convert it! then spend more on getting a new car or putting on TURBO'S or a single one as its just not worth the risk in $$$$, the major factors are the injection system & the integrated headers the sidi model comes with DOUBLE ADD the fact my model is a 3L version not the 3.6L it seems useless to start forced induction

(so far doesnt seem like no body has converted a ve v6 to a v8, maybe race track cars like the shell but i mean yeah a everyday car! in the end know its possible its just a mayjor job) i searched & so far no one seems to have converted one yet