Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 Exhaust On V6?

dusted

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S2
Is it possible to fit a standard VT V8 exhaust (not sure whether series 1 or 2 at this stage) onto a V6? The exhaust is from cat converter to tip. I'll be honest in saying that I haven't looked under my car yet to see if it'll connect with te V6 pipes.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

G

Grantis1976

No reason as to why not, all the same box, floor pan, diff.
Just ask your local exhust shop, they should be able to tell you if yes or no, and why!
Good Luck and a Happy New Year

P

Phil

The only problem you will have is the V6 only has 1 cat in the centre of the under body and the V8 has 2. You will need to change the engine pipe from the headers back and place dual cats so that the intermediate will fit. or do some mods to your existing cat to branch of into 2 as to allow the above.

So in short if you wanted to bolt the V8 intermediate straight up it will not fit.. Have a look under your car.

D

dooma

Ditto what Phil says, probably not worth the effort if you have a single system, better of getting a decent after market system.

Super 6 has twin system so I could bolt a VX HSV system straight on.

O

onezero

You're probably getting the V8 zorst for free, but the factory exhaust isn't all that crash hot. Go out and spend $1000 getting one free from those little-factory 'extras' (dents and other nice restrictions) and a nice set of Pacemakers too. Modding up an old one is probably more trouble than it's worth.