Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tune worth it?

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
also on a more interesting note, CPR performence have gotten 421fwhp out of the alloytec motor with a cam change and ported intake manifold and match ported heads. rest of the donk was internally stock.

it makes max power at just under 9000rpm, they reckon they are ok at this rpm the yanks apparently take them to 10000rpm on stock crank rods and slugs.

be really interesting when the DI alloytec hits australia 500fwhp v6 anyone!!

HUMBLZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
anyone with results for a alloytec 175 vcm tune?

markbusa

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz one tonner
Hi i just had my vz one tonner on the dyno and retuned on Saturday standard ecu .It used to drive like a pig very lethargic. But now it drives a lot better more responsive dont use as much throttle, didnt get any more peak KWs just gained about 6/8 KWs all the way through only mod is a k&n filter fuel consumption befor was around 12.6 ltrs /100 klm only just filled up and she is on 11.4 ltrs /100 and hopefully getting better .Some thing that the tuner said was in some point of exceleration the timing would advance to 45 deg than drop back to 27 deg so you could imagine it would ping its nut out and dump in a heap of fuel . So even if you dont get it tuned you could always put it on the dyno and just see what it is doing .

THIS IS 175 KW

vz 914

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV GTS , VZ UTE, VL GROUP A
pk2k78 is on the money i saw it on the street wogadors website. don't shoot the messenger haha, maybe we could all get that 180rwkw if we get aftermarket computers but i guess any improvement on the stock power/torque figures is a plus.

vz 914, how much more torque did you pick up? does the car feel a whole lot different? or in everyday driving is it about as noticable as a k&n filter as opposed to a stock filter

It picked up about 70nm of torque, IMO it does feel different but nothing that is going to snap your neck when you put your foot down. :)