Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tools & Tool Brands

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Mine is definitely 19mm. I'll have to throw in the BB and a long 19mm. Just have to remember to lock the lid.

Grab the a socket and check you can undo a wheel nut on BT...That way you have the correct one at hand and not a few rolling round for no reason

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Grab the a socket and check you can undo a wheel nut on BT...That way you have the correct one at hand and not a few rolling round for no reason

Yeah I know it's 19mm I pulled the wheels last week. Didn't occur to me that the brace would be a different size to my nuts. I have not even pulled it out.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yeah I know it's 19mm I pulled the wheels last week. Didn't occur to me that the brace would be a different size to my nuts. I have not even pulled it out.

Quite a common occurance for that to happen....Just glad you have found out before you found out the hard way

As for the socket....Grab the right length one to suit your wheel nuts and throw that in the car, instead of a few different length ones, was what I was trying to get across

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The brace that came with the old ute was a different size to the nuts. I carried a 21mm and bar for that reason.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'll carry a long socket that's what I use now. A standard socket is too short.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The brace that came with the old ute was a different size to the nuts. I carried a 21mm and bar for that reason.

Is there room behind the seat in your bus to put the socket/bar in a rag? Saves forgetting to lock the back of it

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
My BB is too long. It only just fits in the roller cab. I'd carry the battery gun but I hear lithium batteries can explode if they get too hot.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Torque specs are great if everything is new and perfectly clean. It’s all irrelevant if the threads are damaged, the thread or cone is dirty, if the threads have been lubricated etc.

You’re more likely to be struck by a trailer wheel where the bearings have seized because some clown couldn’t maintain his own ****, than a commodore wheel that’s been fitted but not tensioned.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute