Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Timing chain replacement, and a big thankyou to the parts supplier!

carcollector

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice, VZ SS Crewman, ZB Calais V,VE CalaisV
Hi all. I've recently had to change the timing chains in our 2006 V6 WM. I had the ECU software update, but the timing chain stretch fault codes disappeared for around 6 months, then came back. As ours is an early VE series, it uses a different timing chain set to the 2007 onwards cars. I wanted to buy genuine parts for the repair, but as expected, I balked at the dealer price for buying all of the parts.

I ended up buying a genuine timing chain kit from this person on Ebay.

[email protected]

EBAY NAME: CARPARTSSTORE2012

0457917186 MICHAEL

Price was very good, kit was all genuine GM/AC Delco, and he couldn't have been more helpful! He posted the kit via registered post direct to my mechanic, let me know where it was at every step of its journey, and even rang the mechanics to make sure they got it all OK. He also contacted me back after a while just to make sure everything was OK with the car.

No, this is not a paid announcement ;) , but I thought I'd share the good news of another timing chain stretch fix ending well, and let you know that this bloke is very good to deal with. :spot on:

I'll be going to him first next time for any genuine bits. His ebay site is worth while looking through.

Cheers all.

lochess

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Hi

I know this post was from a while back but I just wanted to thank you for posting it :)

I have had some trouble with my car :'( and upon seeing Michael on eBay I will be buying a couple of things from him.

Thank you again for your post, it makes me confident when I am about to buy from him too.

Bye!