Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Random Thread

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
That was a long time ago already.

I have banned a **** load of spam accounts of late. I think last Friday I played Whack-a-mole with spammers for a day. They just don't give up.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I think Achoo, or whatever his last user name was has been banned a while back. He would come on looking to start fights and not just with me.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Apparently 7deg right now and is only getting down to 6deg at 7am. Hopefully is 6deg and not 3deg on my way to work. Although 6 is pretty cold when you factor in wind chill at 100kph while riding to work.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
anyone recommend or what to avoid in a 4cyl SUV/mini van/large wagon? around $10-$15K budget?

sister hit me up last night and she is thinking about mazda cx5/7 but wanted to know what else she should look at.
I think the x-trails are alright? Im limited here as I really don't know anyone other than my sister that goes for 4cyl cars.
she has 3 children so needs a bigger vehicle, but will not get anything more than a 4cyl.

I have forbidden craptivas :D
she has an ancient Honda Odyssey now
BMW & Volvo off the cards due to high maintenance/repair costs.

I think she is at
Mazda CX
Xtrail
Toyota?
Are the Hyundai Santa Fe okay?

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
I vote for a diesel santa fe. My 07 petrol Hilux wont chase one down they are faster and heaps better on fuel. They beat the 4wd 1gr-fe hilux off the line and make more top speed.
know a few blokes with them they dont seam to break .I drive the **** out of ole mates when he sends me off to get things.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Avoid X Trail. In that price range it will likely need a stack of repairs and the parts are expensive.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
sister hit me up last night and she is thinking about mazda cx5/7 but wanted to know what else she should look at.
Try doing what I did with my daughter's replacement a few years ago.
Make list of possibles, then cross off the ones which don't fit the requirements ......... in my case ........ offensively fugly, dual clutch, (did some-one say Ford PowerShit), CVT, turbo (= premium fuel), manufacturer / dealer reputation (for spare parts and service), excessive 'driver aids' to distract your driving concentration.
Bit of a chore, but we settled on a Mazda.