Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The only GOOD VE picture

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
First off sorry for my condescending tone i didnt mean it...It comes with being a know it all teenager lol....Anyways in regards to ur post..
Secondly, if you read your post I think you'll find its pretty easy to think that you are talking about the Falcon V8, especially seeing as the format shown in the thread does not show the seperate line for the 'power race' comment. Also, I see no relevance then in your comment about the GT 5.4L engine as it has nothing to do with the 'power race' between Holden and Ford as it is a different engine to that used in the Ford Falcon and FPV's.

In what cars is the Alloy 5.4 L engine from the Ford GT used? Im pretty sure there are none. All 5.4Litre NA engines used by Ford use a cast iron block.

Your post seemed to say the GT was a 410kw NA engine that was simply highly tuned and thats why i pointed out that it is supercharged. I don't think a supercharged V8 would be on the to-do list for FPV, and the 5.4 litre Boss engine is not capable of 410kw in production and NA form. In my opinion anyway.

Last edited:

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
Good question. I thought there were models using it currently, I looked everywhere but alas could not find a current model.
I was wrong. It looks like it will be used in the 2008 Mustangs and Lincolns and possibly in the Falcons of the same year.
The GT block is supposedly just a Triton block cast in alloy with better quality control but everything else bolted to it is (obviously) purpose built for the GT.
Did you know there is also a 6.8 litre V10 version used in E-series vans?
It only puts out 266kW but has 620nm of torque. Perfect for hauling cargo I guess.

As for the tuning I was referring to the Falcons. Ford could coax more power from the 5.4 through tuning. Once again, supposedly, Ford have managed 340kW from the 5.4 in testing. That is hearsay only though as the most powerful production version is the Boss 290.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah the 6.8 litre V10 is the same as the 5.4L with 2 extra cylinders shoved in the middle lol...saves on development costs i guess. Chrysler has done this before as well, putting 2 neon engines together to make an inline 8 for a concept car in the 90's that partially inspired the 300C.

The more interesting engine in regards to Ford is the 'Hurricane' engine I reckon.... 6.2L 317kw planned to fight the 6.2Litre Gen IV used by GM in the States in the 2007 line-up of SUV's and the 6.1Litre Hemi engine used by Chrysler which we will see here shortly in the 300C.

From what I have heard there were no plans to put that into performance cars but im sure Ford Aus will have a good look at it when its released late 2008. Its biggest problem is that it wont be developed with DOD (Displacement on Demand) like the GEN IV and Hemi engine, and im sure a 6.2 litre V8 will suck up plenty of fuel...That will replace the 6.8Litre V10 in the SUV's.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
I think that picture looks good plus the car itself, kind of bringing back the old school commodore look with that curve roof look at the front end.

But they the picture may not be a holden.. the the body style looks like a commodore in its own way..

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
off topic kinda, i keep noticing with the later models of commodore, they say its 3.6 instead off 3.8 is this correct?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Charg'd said:
off topic kinda, i keep noticing with the later models of commodore, they say its 3.6 instead off 3.8 is this correct?

Yeah...the VZ has the alloytech engine which is a 3.6 litre DOHC quad-cam V6 which is what will be in the VE as well, except in 200kw form instead of 172kw and 190kw in the VZ models currently available.

F

foammedia

1991_Vn2nV said:
Yeah the 6.8 litre V10 is the same as the 5.4L with 2 extra cylinders shoved in the middle lol...saves on development costs i guess. Chrysler has done this before as well, putting 2 neon engines together to make an inline 8 for a concept car in the 90's that partially inspired the 300C.

Also the Viper V10 is just a common old Chrysler 360 V8 with another 2 cylinders grafted on

blackahcdx

Reaction score
Charg'd said:

Which rock have you been hiding under?:hit: