Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

///The Euro I4 Project

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
so the e21s been outside since april, because i needed space in the shed to do the m3 motor, and then we were gonna clean up the shed.... well, thats finally happened(mostly), so now theres enough space to get her back in there!!

also started her up for the first time in ages(think i last got it running when we pulled the car out), running a bit rough/misfiring, but stale fuel and dry carbs will do that. need to drain the tank and throw in some new plugs and such sometime. next thing is to get this damn diff sorted so it can move.

Img_1207.jpg

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
hak, that shed needs to be gutted. floor painted a marbel black (gangsta) and a hoist that lifts the car to about neck height.

would be an awesome shed for it.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
hak, that shed needs to be gutted. floor painted a marbel black (gangsta) and a hoist that lifts the car to about neck height.

would be an awesome shed for it.

rental property = #### that

when i get my own place thats MINE, yes, thats the plan(with a much bigger shed)

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
just bought another diff, for the output shafts. lets hope they fit the helical center!!

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
decided to have a play with the e21 today, put the quick ratio rack back together, when i originally built it, the pinion gear was machined incorrectly, stopping me from putting a circlip in. i left it out at the time, and it felt ok, but oncein the car, it had some light up and down movement, which resulted in freeplay at the steering wheel.

so i ended up pulling it apart ages ago, machined down some of the pinion for the bearing to slide on further, but the grooove for the circlip was still too small. today i decided to just thin down the circlip a bit.

all back together, and it feels good. will know for sure once its in the car.

boring picture :p

Img_1412.jpg

and i cleaned all the random bits of junk out of the interior, tried putting the glovebox back in, but some wiring and the relays get in the way now, will have to trim the glovebox a bit, but thats no biggy.

need to rip the seats out and redo the floor, got some surface rust at the front, from when it was sitting outside for so long.

really cant wait to be driving this thing again

Img_1413.jpg

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Pretty cool dash

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Now you just need a E30 M3 driveline:)

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
did some more today, removed the old alternator bracket and worked out new bolt lengths, then i made a new bottom spacer for the alternator bracket, because i cant find the other one!! also worked out bolt lengths for bracket

Img_1414.jpg

and decided id redo the wiring above glovebox.

this is how it looked when id finished it last time, just a big bundle of wires in one spot. its because i hadnt done them to the right lenghts, and was a tad over wiring at that point.

Imgp1044.jpg

so i stripped the tape off today, and will start shortening them all maybe next weekend

Img_1416.jpg

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
need to stop fkn around with little things and get it back on the road man.