Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Alloytec] Statesman WK new exhaust system making engine over heat???

ducatigirl

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN and ducati 98 SS
Just looked underneath. Theres the extractors then straight pipe with c02 sensors then Cats.

ducatigirl

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN and ducati 98 SS
I thought it would at least cool down a bit while air is going through, but it didnt, just went right up to hot within a few minutes. When it over heated, it stopped me from accelerating and was super rough sound and feel, then I pulled over when I got off hwy, going about 12kmh. Never had that before. Last car was a VN.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Are you able to confirm that the car is actually getting hot? It has a distinct smell and it would most likely be bubbling a little bit into the radiator expansion tank.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Dont think its been mentioned because its assumed :) but have you removed the radiator cap and verified there is coolant is in there...dont always rely on the expansion bottle level as being gospel, Ive seen when it (the expansion bottle level) was fine and radiator was bone dry due to a perished/broken/blocked return line