Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SSV Redline Manual post attempted theft issue

runts32

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline 6.2 LS3 6 speed manual
Who was the insurer if you don't mind saying?
Auto and General through a business front. I think they are behind a lot of the cheap insurers. They make the process so slow and torturous that you give up. But I did get my excess back. I'd only gone through the cheapie because it had just come off lease and I was intending on putting it into storage.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
keep in mind there will be a fair chance they will try again, after dealing with pricks like this pillaging mine site machinery they always return so you might want to invest in some sort of enhanced security for the vehicle.
rule303.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I've only heard this, so it may not be 100% correct, but if you're dumping a body in the sea make sure you give it plenty if stab wounds. Apparently it helps to stop them from resurfacing. Oh, and don't wrap them in plastic.

AAAC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Motorsport
@holes tried to knock off SSV a couple of weeks ago only to be disturbed by family member arriving home unexpectedly.
It looks like the same menace that has hit the Chevrolet SS(Commodore VF) owners in the US has arrived here. Have a look at SSforums.com. If you know what to look for, a few hundred dollar can purchase an OBD device to quickly code a new key the any GM car with the Global A architecture, including our VF Commodores. It is literally gone in sixty seconds. Keeping the car out of sight and secure, a couple of theft deterrents on the car and tracking devices may help.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I've got a "Police Pack" German Shepherd, crooks don't like him much!

I also have a guard dog, but I'm constantly worrying he may turn on one of our visitors.

1712554062250.jpeg

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I also have a guard dog, but I'm constantly worrying he may turn on one of our visitors.

View attachment 266492

Known to have killed burglars during the night (as the thieving cnuts can trip over these cute pups and thus headbutt some furniture on their way to the floor) :p:p:p

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I've only heard this, so it may not be 100% correct, but if you're dumping a body in the sea make sure you give it plenty if stab wounds. Apparently it helps to stop them from resurfacing. Oh, and don't wrap them in plastic.
Wasn't that the lesson learnt from the series Dexter :p:p:p