Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Schmock's old VLT and 520hp 355

YOURUP

Jecs' problem solver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Monaro, Harley Davidson
Alright thought i'd post up a thread with my old VL's.. I don't have either of them anymore which is a shame, but hey what can you do..

First VL was my wagon, canary yellow rb30 non turbo, which i converted to turbo. never went for power in it, just wanted to have a bit of fun and dose.

couple of pics with jecs' SHYGMH before it had its heart transplant.

putting the turbo running gear in it:

And the VL that was alot more fun..

I first brought it as an injected 5L which sounded alright, had a minor cam and exhaust but nothing special.. looked dead stock..

so i brought a new set of wheels for it and built a diff for it.. i built a 31spline billet axle spooled borg warner to suit the FR's offset..

Simmons then shut down and the price of FR's skyrocketed.. I sold the wheels for more than I paid, and then as you all know simmons reopened under TEMPE TYRES.
so I did alright to cash out when I did.
It rolled around back on the polished calais wheels for a while until i could decide what i wanted to do with the car.

I always knew i wanted to run a filter out the bonnet so what ever i did to it, that would be the case. I then got a call off a mate who was selling his motor, a 520hp 355 stroker which he had never had in a car running.. i got it for a good price and the transplant started.

Was running difillipo 4 into 1's with a full twin 3" mandrel bent system

also did a custom shifter install into factory consol

I then opted for the reverse cowl look and sent my bonnet up to alfa motorsport fibreglass

also couldnt help myself with a couple of these here and there..

I raced the VL at heathcote when the weather was absolutly shocking using the UPANIK plates.. I couldnt bring the car up on converter because it would just spin the wheels.. I was skating half track and couldnt get down a proper time. ended up going 11.6 with no traction.

After that I decided to pull the car off the road again to tub it and dress up the engine bay a bit so jesse (UPANIK) and i got started on that..

couple pics at Jecs' garage

and on the Australia day cruise 2012

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Such a clean RB in the wagon....

Nice work mate :)

YOURUP

Jecs' problem solver
Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks bud, I was going to sell it at that point to jecs cleaned it up for me

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
I raced the VL at heathcote when the weather was absolutly shocking using the UPANIK plates.. I couldnt bring the car up on converter because it would just spin the wheels.. I was skating half track and couldnt get down a proper time. ended up going 11.6 with no traction.

HP-Heaven-Heathcote_Park_Test_n_Tune_Off_Road_Buggys_24_07_2-SH6_6315_zps3920f98a.jpg

These are some clean looking VL's mate :rip:

How big was the convertor in the 355, only reason I ask is I can never stall my car to the stall speed and never thought you could?

Also keen to see a pic of the Harley...:yeah:

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
YOUS TROWLLLIN!

think nothing beats ploegs wedding, wearing suits, 40 degree day, sittin in the VL, 355 just pumpin heat everywhere, just dripping sweat.

..everything was hot, everything lol

gotta hurry up and finish rat roddin the Harley, we'll get craig to take some shots with the stato. no bonnet and black trumpets of course.

YOURUP

Jecs' problem solver
Reaction score
Members Ride
These are some clean looking VL's mate :rip:

How big was the convertor in the 355, only reason I ask is I can never stall my car to the stall speed and never thought you could?

Also keen to see a pic of the Harley...:yeah:

was a 5000rpm dominator bud, Harley's gettin rat rodded atm, new paint and few new bits and pieces.. ill post a few up when it's done

YOURUP

Jecs' problem solver
Reaction score
Members Ride
YOUS TROWLLLIN!

think nothing beats ploegs wedding, wearing suits, 40 degree day, sittin in the VL, 355 just pumpin heat everywhere, just dripping sweat.

..everything was hot, everything lol

gotta hurry up and finish rat roddin the Harley, we'll get craig to take some shots with the stato. no bonnet and black trumpets of course.

the flowers on our jackets were drying up too lol yeh soon as Its back a photo shoot is on the cards.. any birds want in on it just pm jecs.. he'll facilitate your needs

Scrusy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL wagon
Reppin' the wagons!! Still got it, or onto the next project?