Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Resetting Instrument Cluster / Problems??

tara1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII S-Pack commodore
Just replaced my instrument cluster on the dash as the previous one was faulty. I picked up a second hand one from a wreckers that had been checked as was working, but when I out it in the commy there's 2 things wrong with it. One of them being that the fuel gauge is a bit sticky, I know I've got a full tank but it will only go to half way when turned on, and the airbag light is on and beeps wheneve I start the car.
Is this something that can be repaired by taking it to Holden and being reset??
Also, I need to reprogram my odo, as there is quite a large difference between the old cluster and this clusters readings, can Holden do that too, and how much?
Any feedback MUCH appreciated as I dont want to pull the whole dash apart again to get the cluster out:bang:

lumina01

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SSV UTE

i think a tech2 needs 2 b plugged in to fix everything up
they cant set your odo to your old 1 unless your new 1 has less then 100k's
you only need 2 pull out the face to get the cluster out ne way

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
all the vehicle configuration needs to be programmed, a dealer can do this with a tech2, shouldnt be more than $100.
they cannot reset the odometer if its over 100 km as has been said, there are many places that can do it for a reasonable price pm me.

Rob

tara1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII S-Pack commodore
Thanks for the feedback guys, Holden have said they can reprogram the whole thing for around 90-100 bucks. My odo is under 100k so will be ok to program / re-set.:yeah: