Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reset Oil Change Reminder

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Mine came on in late 14,000+ km and I cancelled it myself as it was really annoying, showing up every time I started the engine.

warrick

Reaction score
Website
members.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VF 6.0 CALAIS V
So if The Service reminder shows it face for the correct K's how do you get rid of it if You give the car a oil change yourself on a 2013 to 2015 My15 SV6. I have the ELM 327 Cable and the Program (Software on ELM Street) to interrogate the Car if needed for this .

See post #5, works well.

cheers

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Mine came on in late 14,000+ km and I cancelled it myself as it was really annoying, showing up every time I started the engine.
Mine came on today at 14 750 km
Doing interim service myself on Saturday..

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Hold start stop button down for 10 seconds. (This is important. Just pushing the button down long enough to make the ignition lights come on is not long enough to put the system into reset mode) Then push accelerator pedal to floor and release, three times quickly. Push stop start button again to turn off ignition. Reset should now have worked. Do not try to start the vehicle at any time during this process. I also keep all doors and bonnet closed, just in case, although that may not be necessary. Now you can start the vehicle as normal to check reset success. I hope this helps.
Yep
This works. Did it today

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Thanks for this thread!
Our 2014 is just coming up to 17000km; saw too much damage by incompetents at dealers so I’ve been religiously taking it to someone I actually trust, but it seems he may not’ve been resetting the oil-change thingy as the light’s come on today. Next service ain’t due ‘til December, annoying having to wait ‘til then with the warning-light on, and thanks (once again) to the great community at JC the better-half’s life is embiggened! :)

HarleyGRyan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2014 SV6
I have a VF 2014 SV6 and i want to reset my oil change reminder how do i do this it is a 6 speed manual and it doesint have push button start its still a key

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I have a VF 2014 SV6 and i want to reset my oil change reminder how do i do this it is a 6 speed manual and it doesint have push button start its still a key

Nookies

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec S2
Just coming in to add
I tried both methods for my 2013 MY2014 Calais V V6

The method that worked for me was

(w/o foot on brake)
Long press (hold) start button for around 6 seconds until green light comes on (not orange)

Pump brake from top to floor 3-4 times

Turn off ignition by short pressing start button

(with foot on brake)
Start car normally

Hope that helps someone

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Just coming in to add
I tried both methods for my 2013 MY2014 Calais V V6

The method that worked for me was

(w/o foot on brake)
Long press (hold) start button for around 6 seconds until green light comes on (not orange)

Pump brake from top to floor 3-4 times

Turn off ignition by short pressing start button

(with foot on brake)
Start car normally

Hope that helps someone
Usually it is the accelerator pedal you pump 3-4 times to reset while in ignition mode.