Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

possible blown head gasket

Deakin-lee

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Holden Commodore SV6 VE Series II Manual MY11
hey, All just on looking for some answers so long story my father borrowed my car and came back with a bunch of stuff wrong. bcm got replaced all new suspension new crank and timing chain but most recently I been getting a fault saying it is running poor. keep in mind the car has been kept in storage while I tended to the issues but now, I drove back front work as I pulled in my driveway, started to idle funny white smoke that stank came out of the exhaust. So I turned off the car checked the engine bay noticed coolant all on the front of the engine. thinking it was just a coolant leak went to start the car to make sure started than idled poorly than a bunch of faults started to appear took a closer look and came to the conclusion it might by the head gasket. just don't want to dive into this project without some sort of confirmation or people in similar positions and if so, what's the price cost is looking like hours at hand and the about of working hours that I need for this project now. If pictures are needed more than willing to share.

2011 s2 ve LLT

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
get codes to start with.
smell coolant in radiator, if it smells like exhaust then blown
check see if any water in the oil

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
A compression test is how to diagnose a blown head gasket. Not guesses and advice based on maybes.