Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Passenger Side Mirror

CalaisVF2013

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V 2013
Hey fellas

Was driving on the freeway and just notice my side mirror just peel off and fly away... See pic!

The electrics are still working (blind spot light and control).

How can I get this repaired? I found some mirrors online for 155 (https://www.holmart.com.au/holden-vf-wn-door-mirror-glass-left-lh-passenger-s)

Do I need to take off the whole door panel or can I just remove the mirror?

Any help is appreciated!!!

IMG_20220925_122413_1.jpg

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Welcome to the forum :cool:

It actually looks like there is still glass (which has lost its reflective property) attached to the backing plate within themirror housing, so I suspect previous owner poorly glued a new mirror glass he had cut to shape at a glazier and it was that bit of glass that flew off.

If you look at the OEM mirror glass that Holmart sell and click on the other picture, you’ll see what the rear of the mirror glass looks like. The mirror glass actually is an assembly that clips into the backing plate within the mirror housing. It’s the backing plate that moves left/right and up/down when you press the switch inside the cabin.

To remove the ouside rear view mirror glass, grasp the outside edge of the mirror glass assembly and pull it inwards and outwards to release it from the backing plate, then disconnect the electrical connector.

Installing is the reverse of the removal process.

It‘s all on page 2348 of 11631 of the workshop manual PDF. You can find a link to the manual at post #9 here

Never done it myself so not sure how much force is required but having a replacement mirror glass assembly and looking at the size and shape of the clips on the back may give you a hint at the force you’d need to apply.

gmholdman

Reaction score
Members Ride
v6 in FJ ute
Recently did one on a Mazda and it was that same set up.

red_vxr

Reaction score
Members Ride
(don't have a commodore lel)
Someone else said this, but it looks like there's still mirror glass there. Clean it up and see.