Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VZ SS MY06

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
That's what they'll look like minus the pads.

IMAG0130_zpsdchx47iq.jpg

That's a realy bright red looking at that pic lol.

Niiiiiccceeeeee

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Progress is progress hey, what did you paint them with mate 2k or?

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Yeah 2k, painted them coke red (aka whatever was in the paint cupboard at work :p)

Got my clutch in tonight. So it's just putting it all back together now. Waiting on a short shifter to come in the mail too. Bit of a last minute buy. Thought #### it why not? while the gearbox is out.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah 2k, painted them coke red (aka whatever was in the paint cupboard at work :p)

Got my clutch in tonight. So it's just putting it all back together now. Waiting on a short shifter to come in the mail too. Bit of a last minute buy. Thought #### it why not? while the gearbox is out.

Get a photo of the brakes when it's back on the ground.

Please tell me you brought a remote bleeder as well! You'll regret it if you don't!

What brand short shifter you get?

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get a photo of the brakes when it's back on the ground.

Please tell me you brought a remote bleeder as well! You'll regret it if you don't!

What brand short shifter you get?

Bagz I guess I don't have to admit this because it's just a forum and know one will ever know but I will anyway. you were right! haha. I bought a bleeder extension and it was ####ing blocked. So I had to take it out while the gearbox was in. Anyway while I was trying to put it back in I dropped it in the bell housing. What a nightmare. I managed to shift the box back a bit and fish it out. It still spilt some in there though. Anyway I had a look at the clutch and it isn't wet and now it's all bled and the pedal feels OK. Should have had a braided hose made up aye. Wasn't worth the trouble.

So feel free to give a well deserved I told you so haha.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ahah, it's ok mate. We all have those days. I won't tell you anything but give you a pat on the back and tell you well done.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok so after the drama on Sat night it all came together finaly.

IMAG01311_zpsddk92wcq.jpg

^^This is a pic from last week when I got the clutch in. Sat night I finished putting the gearbox in. as you read above though i dropped the bleeder in haha. I managed to loosen the bolts, slide the box back a bit and get it out. worked till about 12am and got it all done back up plus installed my short shifter.

IMAG01331_zpsdhczoc5b.jpg

This is the Brakes installed which I did on sunday. The A1RM pads are insane. I was doing about 110, braked hard and could hear them wanting to lock up even at those speeds. they really do grab!

IMAG01341_zpscenbrbvu.jpg

here's the pissy little rears lol. they really do look orange under some light. its a really bright red thats for sure haha.

IMAG01351_zpsu2ec1jvh.jpg

Here's a happy snap of her making it out the garage. and me thanking the lord there was no fluid pissing out and all the pedals where doing the things they're meant to LOL.

IMAG01361_zpsdmvbnclh.jpg

This is after I took it out to bed in the brakes and gave it a wash. The short shifter is great, its really freeing up now as that penrite oil works its way through. it's a breeze to drive now. The ls7 clutch seems really good so far. honestly it is as light as stock I reckon but it seems to grab good. I haven't pushed it too hard though yet i'll give it a chance to wear in a bit first.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
So the other day I painted a booth full of V8 supercar rims for the Charlie Schwerkolt racing team. The front ones are 5 stud pattern for a display car they have or something.

IMAG0140_zpsr7ekqcy0.jpg

IMAG0142_zpsyti4vkvq.jpg

These are the real ones.

Anyway today at our Thursday night BBQ Charlie and Lee Holdsworth turned up which was pretty cool! Anyway on the way out I told Lee to stay away from those apexes because I don't want those rims scratched. He said he would probably loose his job if he did that haha!

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
We'll it's still driving awesome. At first the gearbox was a bit noisy through the solid shifter but the penrite has worked through and it's quiet as a mouse.

Washed her today! :)

IMAG0145_zpskjqsxrit.jpg